“Very comfortable place to stay.”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance from the courtyard
Window wall in your studio Bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Entrance from the courtyard
Window wall in your studio
Bed
Kitchen
Bathroom jet shower
Bathroom soaking tub
Soaking tub again - it's that nice!
Courtyard approaching your studio
Plan of Ben Franklin's Salon and Hide-Away
Facade
Soaking Tub
Shower, washer/dryer, sink & toilet
Looking towards the courtyard
Looking from bed through the apartment to the bathroom
Looking from the entrance into the apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Perth, Australia
“Would never stay again”
Reviewed 25 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Lliked;
Close proximity to all the major attractions.
Ground floor.
Bed very comfortable.
Didn't like;
Door lock; took lots of times to successfully lock it, needs seriously to be looked at.
Don't think it had been cleaned from the previousl tennents, empty toiletry bottles in the shower.
Every cupboard had messy fliers from previous tennents.
Cutlery, knives 1 broken and only other one loose and ready to break, only 2 supplied.
No regular size cup, had to buy one.
Phone was suppose be able to call Australia, could never get through.
TVs could only get French stations.
Fridge that noisy had to turn off at night to sleep.
Worst was the constant noise from upstairs, started around 18.30 and kept on all night till around 24.00. Even with ear plugs, the noise vibrated through walls made me leave 1day early couldn't stand not getting any sleep

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bed and proximity to tourist spots
Liked least: Constant noise from upstairs at night and door lock.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 65+
2 Jan 2015
Hello and I am so sorry to get this review! I have no idea what happened - as you know, I was not in Paris to meet you personally, I'm afraid I was away for your entire stay. But I did not hear from my cleaning lady that there had been any problems, I'm terribly sorry that there obviously were. I had left a message on your phone, when the cleaning lady told me that you had problems finding the apartment, making sure that you were safely ensconced, and telling you to use the phone in the apartment to call me if there were any problems. That phone certainly makes long-distance calls, to Australia or anyplace else that you would have wanted to call.

The cutlery - I have a feeling you never found the drawer, other people have had that same problem in this apartment - when I'm there, I make sure to point it out, since it is a little hidden, inside the larger drawer for pots and pans. I'm not sure how the cups and mugs could have been hidden - since I wasn't there, my only thought is that the cleaning lady had washed them all in the dishwasher, and never unloaded that - it should not have happened, and had I been there it definitely would not have happened, and I am sorry if it did.

The noise - I am really at a loss to explain, we live upstairs, and we were not home! Well - my husband was home, I do wish you had spoken to him - but I'm quite sure that he was not the source of the noise (I hope I'm sure ;-) ) - he did not report hearing anything going on above our apartment.

I was unaware that you had left early, unaware that there had been any problem at all - terribly sorry that your vacation was less than you would have wanted it to be, especially if our accommodations contributed in any way to that - and of course, terribly sorry to have received a poor review of the apartment, we do put a lot of love and care into it!

Best regards, Naomi
Eagleridg...
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Very comfortable place to stay.”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Ben Franklins hide-a-way. It was very clean and comfortable. Kitchen was well equipped. Naomi was very helpful. Perfect location. Would definitely would recommend to friends!

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Edward W
Portland, Oregon
“Great Studio in Great Location”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

This place has everything a couple needs to spend a week in Paris. Very close to Metro and grocery shopping. Numerous restaurants within walking distance. Washer/dryer, dishwasher, wifi, etc.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
edwardo98...
seattle
“Loved the tub!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

What we liked:
1.The location is great. About 4 blocks from the Louvre. Close to Pyramids Metro station and Mono Prix.
2.Ground Floor
3.The tub! After walking all day, a soak in the tub with a glass of wine was great
4.Washer/dryer. Get instructions from Naomi. We washed our first load 3 times before we figured out the dryer.
What we didn't like:
1. It smelled musty when you entered
2. The pillows have seen better days
3. The bed. While we didn't have any problems sleeping, we tended to roll to the middle.
4. The refrigerator compressor was noisy. We turned the temperature down before going to sleep.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, ground floor and tub.
Liked least: smelled musty, bed and pillows
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
21 Jul 2013
Hi, hi - These comments are appreciated; you were definitely correct on the pillows - past their prime and have been replaced. I am (as always!) sorry you hadn't mentioned it while you were there - I do have spares that I certainly would have brought down immediately. Uy, musty - I have been having this problem with all of my ground-floor apartments, we have had rain for the past couple of months the likes of which Paris has never seen. I am sorry about that - it also doesn't do much good for walking around sightseeing. I have a dehumidifier that I put in between guests, but it does not seem to be up to the job this year - I think I will need to get one of those portable air conditioning units for next year, this has become a problem that needs a solution. I am glad you seem to have enjoyed the stay, notwithstanding!

Best regards, Naomi
SP_Travel...
San Pedro
“Really wanted to love this place”
Reviewed 3 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

The Ben Franklin's Hide-Away has a lot of potential, but needs some work to reach expectations. On the plus side, the wireless internet is very good as is the water pressure and the room is a good size. The location was good, with an easy walk to the Opera, Louvre, and the Pyramid and Opera metro stations. The owner was willing to let us stay or leave our luggage with her as late as we needed on the last day and was very quick to have the bed clothes changed when we told her that they smelled musty. The room is located in the Japanese area of Paris, which felt safe, with no graffiti.

The issues that we had with the room could be addressed by the owner, with some work.
The wall furthest away from the bathroom is covered with a curtain, which covers a thin board, behind which looks to be a glass door. We could clearly hear the person in the next room and found ourselves whispering to keep the other room from hearing our conversation. It would be easy to put up a wall of insulated drywall using 2x4s to fix the problem.

The front door is difficult to close. We found that if you put your foot against the bottom of the fixed door you can slam it with less force and still lock the door. Note that the owner said that the locks were new, so it is possible that the issue has been taken care of since we stayed there.

The refrigerator is really noisy. We ended up turning it off at night by setting the dial to "0" and turned it back on during the day.

The window near the TV is very difficult to close once open. We felt lucky that we were able to lock it again once we opened it.

The other window in the room has a bumper to keep it from opening too much, but it felt pretty weak. Due to the large size of the window, we were not comfortable leaving it open while we were away to air out the room. With the room closed up most of the time, it felt humid, which may have contributed to the musty smell of the bed clothes. We also found that the towels would not dry without using the warming towel rack. The dampness may be the reason that the paint has peeled off of several areas in the bedroom.

For future guests:
The towel rack has a dial. Turn the dial until the light turns from green to red. Once on, it did not look like the rack turns off, so make sure to turn it off after the towels are dry.

The bathroom sink faucet is a little different.from any I had seen before. It only controls the temperature, but not the volume. In order to keep the water from blasting out, you can adjust the valves under the sink. Barely turn on the faucet for hot water and adjust the left valve under the sink until you get the desired flow. Then turn the faucet valve all the way on for the cold water and adjust the right valve under the sink until you match the hot water flow.

The Washer and dryer is a single unit with French controls. An english user manual can be found at the LG site using model WD-12331ADK. Although the French model is numbered differently, the controls are the same.

The best way to get to the room from Charles De Gaulle Airport is using the Roissy Bus to the Opera for an easy walk to the room. We also used the train/metro, but it is fairly crowded with baggage.

When I booked the room, I was happy with the 100 euro/night price, thinking that it was much better than hotel rates. It may be that the room is appropriately priced for the condition of the room in the really good location. The next time, I will probably search for the cheapest rooms and then select rooms that run 1.5 to 2 times that rate.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Humidity in the room
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
3 Jun 2012
Hello John and Eileen,

You cover several instructions I should have in a welcome book - indeed, you shouldn't have had to figure all that out on your own! I am sorry about the sheets - the first ones did have a musty odour, it should not have escaped my notice.

We have fixed the door and window problems, thankfully - those were to be sure just 'figuring-out-the-new-installation' problems, they are infinitely easier to handle now. The peeling paint and other little problems that had started with the old doors and windows are due to be corrected on June 22nd and 23rd.

I'm not sure what you had perceived as glass behind the curtains, but I assume it is the sound attenuation panels that we installed – solid on the walls and in blanket sheets over the door - once we realized that the sliding door had compromised the sound isolation of what had been a good, solid wall filled with sound insulation batting. The solution is a little tenuous – but the sliding door connection is used to combine the apartments often enough for me to resist permanently closing it off.

I will definitely get new photos up after the work we will be doing on June 22nd and 23rd - the garden is in full bloom, doors and windows look and work great, the apartment is a charming little space in a fantastic location. Do please look back at this apartment by the end of June 2012 - a low price most certainly does not mean you have to compromise on quality!

Best regards,
Naomi
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing