Reviews (1 043)
1 043 results
All reviews eiffel tower marriott points victor hugo main building lovely courtyard minute walk garden view king bed turn down service quiet neighborhood upon check few blocks two metro stations eiffel tour sitting area junior suite early check
129 - 134 of 1 043 reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Hotel is in nice neighborhood in the 16th Arr., walking distance to Trocadero. We were in the mood for comfort and predictability, so this fit the bill nicely. The rooms are nice but typically small. Others mentioned the extremely quirky showers...bizarre. The room was too warm for sleeping even in early April, so we were happy to have a window over the courtyard we could keep open. The breakfast was very good but I'm not sure I would have paid the price for it (Marriott gold). The staff was great -- friendly and efficient. The welcome gift of wine was greatly appreciated.

Room tip: Worth the upgrade for a courtyard side room
Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank rstev3
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Stayed 4 nights for business.
Pros; Great location in a neighborhood, within walking distance to Eiffel Tower and Congress center. Smaller hotel and nice staff. Very good restaurants just down the street. Fairly far from shopping and other tourist attractions, but a short taxi can get you anywhere.

Cons: Thin walls - could hear the person next to me sneezing. Poor AC. The lobby has great AC, but my and my workmates, not so much. If you have a standard room, the shower is a odd tub/shower. It's a small tub with a small piece of glass and odd shower head. Think lots of water gets onto the floor. Very awkward to take a shower. The Jr Suite is a lovely and large walk in shower. Big difference between rooms.

Recommendation: upgrade to a larger room if you can.

Room tip: Courtyard facing are sunny, but can be noisy as it's over the seating area.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank CJM123
Reviewed 18 May 2017

We enjoyed a very sound stay with a few minor negatives.

Our room was small but coming off a cruise ship it was fine. Good bed. Very guiet. Shower was hilarious. You have to reach around a glass partition to set water flow. Our first showers I went with a hot "keep-it-moving" shower and my wife did a shallow bath as she couldn't quite get water right. The second try I had to hone my best safe-cracking skills to adjust the 2 knobs for a tolerable water temperature. The tiniest turn of the HOT knob yielded 10 degrees change in temp. Ha! TV a little quirky and lacking FOX NEWS, please. Both room keys lost code first time before we first used them.

We are Marriott Platinum so we had a very nice buffet breakfast each morning as an upgrade. Wonderful pastries and bacon. Eggs made to order but my wife didn't get hers until reordered and done with meal.

Doorman was great. Front desk Very good. Navigator not much help.

BEWARE! In US independent taxis are cheaper. Fell in with one first try in Paris and was ripped off. I even got second opinion on his quote but I think it was his cohort. Doorman politely clued me in. Taxi rides to hotel were a bit inflated because every driver seemed to honestly have trouble finding it with our pronunciation of the address or even showing them a web printed address.

1  Thank cvsguy
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at one of the Suites facing the courtyard. Although we missed looking out the window and seeing the streets of Paris a bit, it was nice to have a serene small garden view in the center of Paris. Rooms are very nicely decorated, functional and good size for Paris standard. Although this hotel is part of the mega chain Marriott, the hotel managed to maintain Paris charm. Check in staffs were very friendly and helpful as well as restaurant staffs.
Their breakfast was amazing. Not big, but quality of each item were exceptional considering this is a chain hotel buffet. We will definitely stay here again next time in Paris.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Nice rooms with excellent helpful staff. Good central convenient location with easy access to many attractions, sights, subway and hop on hop off buses. Lobby bar and gardens are nice. I would stay here again.