“My favorite Paris neighbourhood ”
Review of Montmartre

Ranked #15 of 1 866 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the 18th Arrondissement, this elevated rural neighborhood on the outskirts of the city has a collection of upscale shops and cafés and still exudes hints of old village charm.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent the day exploring Montmartre. From the incredible views at the Sacre Coeur to the artists on the streets and the very interesting Montmartre cemetery where Edgar Vegas is buried. My daughter's both had their portraits sketched and they are keepsakes we will have a lifetime to remember our trip

Write a ReviewReviews (16 271)
All reviews
"caricature"
in 118 reviews

91 - 95 of 16 271 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband is an artist and I was really looking forward to this place. Let me start off by saying it was wonderful and the artists are truly talented. Being able to watch artists at work was a lot of fun and rewarding. We made the mistake of separating from the crowd along the side of the building to talk. We were quickly approached by a drunken "artist" who started talking to us. Immediately, he started cutting from a piece of paper while talking to us and our daughters about his family, his travels, etc. When he finished with the piece of paper, he said, "This is my job, now you pay me" and handed it to my 9 year old daughter. I looked at him and said, "You came to the wrong people, we don't have euros on us". He said, "I made this for you, now you pay me. How do we settle this?" I raised my voice and said, "Then we give it back to you because we never asked you for this". By this time, we had made a bit of a scene, so he quickly kissed my daughter's head and said, "Have a great trip".
Word to the wise: Don't stop moving. And if you do, be insistent and make a scene if you have to.
There were a lot of police on site and I was certain this certain drunken "artist" did not have a permit to be in the square.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Montmartre was so much fun! Lots of shopping at local shops and boutiques. Plently of art, history and places to walk with the family. We loved the artist circle and the food around the area!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Montemarte is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Paris! From the Sacre Coeur to the Place du Tertre, this area is so charming! Great shops and cafes, quaint streets. On our most recent trip it was raining so the artists weren't out, but we still enjoyed it very much!