“Great story but ok chocolate”

A la Mere de Famille
Ranked #48 of 729 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular candy store, which has been open since the 1700s, has a historic ambience to go along with its wonderful sweets.
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I decided to buy chocolates from here for family and friends back home based on the history of the chocolatier. It was not cheap, I asked for a small box of pre packed that don't have any nuts due to customs regulations. Well maybe I should have been more specific as it turned out to be 60 euro and mostly just molds of rabbits, not specialty chocolates. Maybe I am not a connoisseur of chocolate but they taste the same as any others I've had from chocolate shops anywhere in the world. Ce la vie.

1  Thank Jason M
in 3 reviews
"french"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

A la Mere de Famille is a charming old chocolate and sweets company. Their decor and displays are worth seeing if you're not into sweet treats. I purchased a few goodies for Easter and and the chocolate I did try is delicious! The prices are a bit higher, but you're paying for quality.

3  Thank InezAngelis16
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I've been into the La Mere de Famille on Rue Cler about 10 times this year, and while the employees are all extremely snotty, their chocolate is excellent. The chocolate covered orange peels, dark chocolate discs (palettes?) and chocolate ganache squares are amazing. So to sum it up, pricey, with unimpressive service, but the chocolate is worth it.

3  Thank delphi927
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Walked in on our way to Montmartre and bought some chocolate and candied fruits. Excellent service and a good place to get souvenirs to bring home

3  Thank BeckyWinchester