“Don’t buy tickets online if they still on a strike”

The Catacombs of Paris
Book In Advance
More Info
US$95,04*
and up
Catacombs of Paris Skip-the-Line Tour with...
Ranked #189 of 1 864 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: A genuine labyrinth in the heart of underground Paris, the Catacombs were fitted out in the galleries of former quarries. Twenty metres underground, the ossuary houses the remains of approximately six million Parisians, gradually transferred between the end of the 18th century and the mid 19th century, as the capital's cemeteries were closed for health reasons. Along a tangle of dark galleries, visitors discover a presentation of death with bones arranged in a romantic macabre decor. This unique site is a moving testimony to the history of Parisians and invites visitors on a timeless journey.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Sadly I couldn’t see the catacombs because the employees were on a strike. I have been trying to get reimbursement for two tickets I bought for May 3 and I haven’t receive my money back, so disappointed! I gave them first all the info they ask in a paper they had the day of the strike and then recently they asked for more info more than a month later and already gave them the info still waiting. If I go back I won’t buy tickets again.

Write a ReviewReviews (6 661)
All reviews
"eiffel tower"
in 51 reviews

43 - 47 of 6 661 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to the catacombs of Paris today and although we had quite a long wait (over 3 hours) in the hot weather. I have to say it was well worth the wait, we got an audio guide which was really interesting. There was quite a few boards to read as well and they were fascinating. The show stopper of course is the skeletons of inhabitants of Paris that have died and it is fantastic. I really recommend but if you have an option to skip the line I would.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beneath the earth, you can travel to a resting place for thousands. Make sure you have decent walking shoes because of the stairs going up and down. The walkway is dirt and dimly lit as well. The line can get quite long so I would recommend doing this first thing in the morning because the line was an hour or more and we got into line 30 minutes before they opened. They can only allow a certain amount of people down at a time so it can be quite busy. It is creepy but not scary. They have workers down there just in case you need anything. It is pretty wide open as well so there are no really closed in spaces. it is also a little cool down there. It was very interesting to see because of the history. It was amazing how it kept going. I would recommend going but I was hoping we had more of a guide to tell us about the history.

1  Thank Kimberly W
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The catacombs were both eerie and educational. We bought the audio tour and it helped to listen in English to the narrators as you walk through. It is quite beautiful at times while reminding you of mortality. There are about 100 spiral stairs up and down with lots of walking.