“CRowded, but excellent museum”
Review of Louvre Museum

Louvre Museum
Ranked #8 of 1 865 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited in early June. Weather was very hot and humid. Tourists crowded everywhere in and near the Louvre. The museum is a masterpiece. I wish we could have spent more time actually viewing the art, but the crowds were so thick that we could hardly see anything major. Artwork is tastefully displayed. Several displays were closed for renovation. Get your ticket ahead of time, and breeze through the entry line. Even though Paris is known to have a paucity of public bathrooms, they were pathetic here. Millions of visitors annually, and the biggest bathroom we found was 4 stalls.....lines were always 15-25 minutes, and the stalls weren't always clean. Plan accordingly. There are two restaurants in the lobby - one quick service, the other sit down. The quick service was very busy - again, plain ahead. The biggest criticism I had was the lack of places to sit. Even to admire the art....there were very few benches or chairs. And for an older lady, that was a problem. An enjoyable experience. Next time, I won't go in tourist season, though. It was too crowded to be able to enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (87 250)
All reviews
"pyramids"
in 2 326 reviews

443 - 447 of 87 250 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were there in the late afternoon so we decided to stay till the lights on. It was little chilled so we went to the cafe just opposit it. We enjoyed so much by looking the Museum and coffee too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a self guided tour with the audio guide which my husband or I couldn't figure out how to use I ended up downloading an app from the AppStore and got so frustrated that we just went to see the Mona Lisa and left. If you can't get the audio guide to work you cannot get any information as all the descriptions are in French and if you don't speak French you're in big trouble. If I was going again I would definitely book a guided tour and maybe my review would be better.

1  Thank Yvonne B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Definitely buy tickets online before you visit. We skipped dozens of people by doing this. The early morning is way less crowded & you can buy coffee, quiche, croissants, and hot chocolate in the cafe on the lower floor if you need breakfast. The place is HUGE and the app was hard to follow, but we had no issues finding what we were looking for at the museum. I would recommend having a list of your “must-sees” in order to make the day go more quickly. If you don’t know, Pinterest has many articles to utilize.