“A few hours of my life I'm never getting back”
Review of Louvre Museum

Louvre Museum
Ranked #8 of 1 865 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a self guided tour with the audio guide which my husband or I couldn't figure out how to use I ended up downloading an app from the AppStore and got so frustrated that we just went to see the Mona Lisa and left. If you can't get the audio guide to work you cannot get any information as all the descriptions are in French and if you don't speak French you're in big trouble. If I was going again I would definitely book a guided tour and maybe my review would be better.

1  Thank Yvonne B
Write a ReviewReviews (87 311)
All reviews
"pyramids"
in 2 326 reviews

489 - 493 of 87 325 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Definitely buy tickets online before you visit. We skipped dozens of people by doing this. The early morning is way less crowded & you can buy coffee, quiche, croissants, and hot chocolate in the cafe on the lower floor if you need breakfast. The place is HUGE and the app was hard to follow, but we had no issues finding what we were looking for at the museum. I would recommend having a list of your “must-sees” in order to make the day go more quickly. If you don’t know, Pinterest has many articles to utilize.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited louvre last week , it was wonderful visit I liked the paint , huge but préfères if it was guided tour to have more information about the artists and the details

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Only had one day in the Louvre, but spent all day and took it all in. Went as soon as they opened and ran to Mona Lisa first thing. Breath-taking. Some people say they just don't get Mona Lisa, but I totally get her - I think she is beautiful. I went back to visit Mona again later in the day but the room was filled with people waiting in line to see her. I was surprised that I enjoyed Napoleon's section as much as I did. The Louvre offers something for everyone. I have to admit the paintings were my absolute favorite. It was exciting to see the glass pyramid since I watched the DaVinci Code. There are shops downstairs below the glass pyramid. There are nice restaurants close by if you leave hungry. In Paris, there are nice restaurants close to everything. Don't miss The Louvre it is a once in a lifetime experience!!!! (unless you return)