“LOVE The Louvre”

Ranked #8 of 1 865 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Only had one day in the Louvre, but spent all day and took it all in. Went as soon as they opened and ran to Mona Lisa first thing. Breath-taking. Some people say they just don't get Mona Lisa, but I totally get her - I think she is beautiful. I went back to visit Mona again later in the day but the room was filled with people waiting in line to see her. I was surprised that I enjoyed Napoleon's section as much as I did. The Louvre offers something for everyone. I have to admit the paintings were my absolute favorite. It was exciting to see the glass pyramid since I watched the DaVinci Code. There are shops downstairs below the glass pyramid. There are nice restaurants close by if you leave hungry. In Paris, there are nice restaurants close to everything. Don't miss The Louvre it is a once in a lifetime experience!!!! (unless you return)

Write a ReviewReviews (87 200)
All reviews
"pyramids"
in 2 326 reviews

421 - 425 of 87 200 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It’s a great museum! But I think they would be better off if they just sold tickets as timed entry. The lines are ridiculous! Even once you get into the Château, the crowds are also ridiculous and you cannot stop and look at the exhibits. So many people taking so many pictures and not really looking at the exhibits them selves.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The entrance under the pyramid was a long wait so we tried the other one at the Carrousel. It was just as long but we didn't have to stand in the hot sun. The whole process seems quite unorganized. The wait is really to get through security. I enjoyed certain sections like the sculptures but the rest was so crowded you couldn't really stand and appreciate the Art. The map was difficult to decipher because it was not detailed enough. It was handy as a fan though because the museum was so hot inside. I enjoyed the Musee D'Orsay much much more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

See it even if you do an abbreviated tour. Be sure to also check out Napoleon’s apartments which is the opposite side of the art side (North side).

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I booked a semi private tour of the Lourve with Babylon tours because the tour was limited to six people. Elena, our guide arrived on time. The other two people who had booked weren’t there. Elena tried everything to find them, couldn’t get them on their contact phone number, asked everyone at the meeting point, advised the tour office which also tried. She really made a big effort. But they didn’t turn up and couldn’t be contacted so the tour went ahead with just the two of us. It was excellent, very informative, We would have missed out on a lot if we had gone just with the audio or a big group.