“Beautiful collection”

Ranked #1 of 2 275 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This beautiful museum, once a railroad station, now houses a staggering collection of Impressionist art, as well as other items created between 1848 and 1914. In 2011, the museum is running a renovation of the top floor (impressionist gallery). Only ground and medium floor are accessible. The top floor will re-open on the 20th of October. Meanwhile, some impressionist masterpieces are not visible.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We purchased a combo ticket with l'orangerie and it was worth every penny. For 32 euros, all 4 of us (2 kids, free) were able to see hours worth of famous impressionist artists. Van Gogh has always been my favorite and this did not disappoint! Well worth the trip and not as overwhelming as the Louvre.

Date of experience: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (60 727)
All reviews
"old railway"
in 571 reviews
"fifth floor"
in 466 reviews
"favorite museum in paris"
in 670 reviews
"sculptures"
in 2 798 reviews

2 002 - 2 006 of 60 727 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit museum in Paris! I love the artists from this period, but I would visit just for the Van Goughs. On top of all the amazing paintings and sculptures, the building is a pretty awesome old train station.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We used our eurostar rail tickets to get 2 for 1 entrance and our daughter was free. I have to say that of all the museums I have been to, it is one of my favourites (rivaling the Borghese in Rome). Definitely worth the visit. If you have time for only one museum I would skip the Louvre and stop here instead. So many impressionist masterpieces and much less crowded.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Louvre have an huge place im my heart.. but the Orsay is so much more beautiful... all the time we had the impression of crossing by the artist in their galleries.
Easy to acess, they have lockers and a beautiful litthle shop

Date of experience: January 2018