“Beautiful collection”

Ranked #1 of 1 865 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This beautiful museum, once a railroad station, now houses a staggering collection of Impressionist art, as well as other items created between 1848 and 1914. In 2011, the museum is running a renovation of the top floor (impressionist gallery). Only ground and medium floor are accessible. The top floor will re-open on the 20th of October. Meanwhile, some impressionist masterpieces are not visible.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We purchased a combo ticket with l'orangerie and it was worth every penny. For 32 euros, all 4 of us (2 kids, free) were able to see hours worth of famous impressionist artists. Van Gogh has always been my favorite and this did not disappoint! Well worth the trip and not as overwhelming as the Louvre.

Write a ReviewReviews (57 192)
All reviews
"sculptures"
in 2 617 reviews

275 - 279 of 57 222 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a must visit museum in Paris! I love the artists from this period, but I would visit just for the Van Goughs. On top of all the amazing paintings and sculptures, the building is a pretty awesome old train station.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We used our eurostar rail tickets to get 2 for 1 entrance and our daughter was free. I have to say that of all the museums I have been to, it is one of my favourites (rivaling the Borghese in Rome). Definitely worth the visit. If you have time for only one museum I would skip the Louvre and stop here instead. So many impressionist masterpieces and much less crowded.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Louvre have an huge place im my heart.. but the Orsay is so much more beautiful... all the time we had the impression of crossing by the artist in their galleries.
Easy to acess, they have lockers and a beautiful litthle shop

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If the people from the Musee wouldn't be so damn lazy and just open at 9.30 then the queues wouldn't be so ridiculous. I now tried 5 times to get in, on 2 occasions I been in Paris, just today I was there 20min before opening but the queues were already ridiculous. I travelled all over the world but this never happened at this extent.