“Awesome building, and my favorite artists 💕”
Review of Musee d'Orsay

Musee d'Orsay
Ranked #1 of 2 185 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This beautiful museum, once a railroad station, now houses a staggering collection of Impressionist art, as well as other items created between 1848 and 1914. In 2011, the museum is running a renovation of the top floor (impressionist gallery). Only ground and medium floor are accessible. The top floor will re-open on the 20th of October. Meanwhile, some impressionist masterpieces are not visible.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit museum in Paris! I love the artists from this period, but I would visit just for the Van Goughs. On top of all the amazing paintings and sculptures, the building is a pretty awesome old train station.

Write a ReviewReviews (59 222)
All reviews
"fifth floor"
in 434 reviews
"great museum"
in 1 228 reviews
"favorite museum in paris"
in 632 reviews
"sculptures"
in 2 611 reviews

1 308 - 1 312 of 59 234 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We used our eurostar rail tickets to get 2 for 1 entrance and our daughter was free. I have to say that of all the museums I have been to, it is one of my favourites (rivaling the Borghese in Rome). Definitely worth the visit. If you have time for only one museum I would skip the Louvre and stop here instead. So many impressionist masterpieces and much less crowded.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Louvre have an huge place im my heart.. but the Orsay is so much more beautiful... all the time we had the impression of crossing by the artist in their galleries.
Easy to acess, they have lockers and a beautiful litthle shop

Reviewed 28 June 2018

If the people from the Musee wouldn't be so damn lazy and just open at 9.30 then the queues wouldn't be so ridiculous. I now tried 5 times to get in, on 2 occasions I been in Paris, just today I was there 20min before opening but the queues were already ridiculous. I travelled all over the world but this never happened at this extent.