“I felt like a Parisienne!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Entry
Machines
Baby Pack
Hotel de Ville
Pedestrian street, rue de la Verrerie
Tour Saint Jacques
Typical Parisian Local Market
Le Marais
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Dianemmck...
Danville, Pennsylvania
“I felt like a Parisienne!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

After a week of hotel hopping in Spain, we were really looking forward to staying in one place in Paris for a week. I was a little anxious that the apartment wouldn't meet my expectations but I was not disappointed!! I'd like to start with our arrival. After a super train ride from Barcelona, myself, my husband and 2 of our 5 adult kids made our way easily and quickly to the apartment via the metro. The Hotel de Ville stop was 10 minutes or so from Gare de Lyon and the walk up Rue de Renard to Rue de Verriere was another 5 or so. Finding the apartment was easy and Felix came right down to greet us and made us feel at home. We were just charmed with the beautiful winding staircase up to the apartment. After stowing our gear, we had a great first dinner in Paris directly across the cobblestone street. We were very comfortable and happy to have the international phone service, the wi-fi, tv with bbc, cnn and other English language news stations, and a lovely little kitchen to fill with groceries from either of the two markets literally minutes walk away. The location was absolutely perfect, we really enjoyed the immediate surrounds, eating at the variety of cafés on Verriere, and enjoying Mass and a concert on Sunday at St. Merri's 4 minutes walk away. We walked everywhere: Notre Dame, the Louvre, Pompidou Center, Carnavelet (one of my favorites!), Saint Chappelle, Place de Vosges, the left bank, Orsay and on and on. On our second night another of our kids traveled in from Sevilla and we met her at the Chatelet metro stop, also a very short walk over by St. Jacque's tower. We were easily able to catch the metro to the Eiffel Tower, Montmartre and Versailles.
By the end of our week we felt like real Parisiennes and when we return, we would like nothing more than to stay at Le Marais - Notre Dame.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Felt safe, comfortable, great location.
Liked least: Wc had no sink but not a big deal.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Melbourne

Sydney
Reviewed 6 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing