“Excellent crabs and oysters”
Review of Le Crabe Marteau

Le Crabe Marteau
Ranked #789 of 18 464 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Reviewed 4 February 2016

I live in Florida where we have many authentic crab houses serving crabs, shrimp and oysters on tables covered with newspapers. The last thing that I expected to find in Paris was a crab house like we have back home. That said, this was the real deal with spider crabs, two types of oysters (both excellent), and local shrimp called "langostines" that tasted more like lobster than shrimp. Service was also friendly and prompt. There were only two negatives to our dinner...the first being that my preferred dungeness crabs were not in season and only spider crabs were available during my visit, and the second being that the dinner was expensive by my American crab house standards. My dinner of a half crab and half a dozen oysters cost me around $40, whereas at home the same dinner might have been closer to $25. I'm not complaining, however, as most restaurant prices in Paris were much higher than those at home. The one exception was steak tartare, which for some reason was much cheaper in Paris than it is at home.

Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

One our favorite places . Menu is limited to crabs , oysters and fish dishes . But all is fresh and really tasty . One of a kind experience not to be missed . Wonderful service . Overall love the place

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We went to this restaurant for my birthday !!!
Ordered crab and wine !!!

It was awesome !!! Crabs are very tasty and fresh, and we simply overeat!
The atmosphere is about just incredible, you are feeling that going to a place with old friends and a familiar persons and you knock hammers together and eat these wonderful crabs !!! Ha haa !! 1000 Smiles!!! It's cool!!!
Prices at the restaurant is very affordable! The staff is simply amazing! Attentive waiters, despite the fact that we have not booked, but at the time we arrived there were no free tables, we were asked to wait at the bar and they and they still found a table for us! And more, as a compliment to the wine and crepes with caramel it was also enjoyable moment !!
If I was lived in Paris, I would go to this place at least once a week) !!! And what I advise to you!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Great food. There's no menu, just crabs, oysters, scallops and fish. You have to make a reservation at least one day in advance which is not so convenient. The servers were nice & it is typical European style service so if you need something just ask

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

We were advised to stay away and should have listened. Not USA friendly, rude and the food was awful. The name suggests seafood and it was barely that. Our server was non existent as we were ignored and basically forgotten. Trust me, this restaurant should be forgotten. Stay away!

3  Thank Russell I