“Cafe with great view of Notre' Dame”
Review of Le Montebello

Le Montebello
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Montebello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 205 of 20 148 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was seated on the sidewalk portion of this cafe which also has indoor seating.
Across the Seine from my table was Notre' Dame.
I chose from the 16.50E menu: Corbiere salad, Roasted chicken with garnish and Vanilla and strawberry ice cream.
Of course this came with fresh bread and I picked the "Sex on the Beach" from the drink specials.
The salad was ok, the chicken nice and crispy but the star of this was the ice cream. The Vanilla to be exact. The was the creamiest, most delightful vanilla ice cream i have ever had.
The clean bathrooms are up the spiral staircase.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t bother. Just go elsewhere. This isn’t even a 1 out of 5. Compared to everywhere else my partner and I have been, this is not good food, bad service. Lovely view. But not worth it.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We were very warm welcomed. Get dishes without extra waiting. I had t-bone steak but without bone. But it was prepared medium rare perfectly. Duck in orange was delicious. Tarta tasting too burned pastry. Taste everything very good.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I went to Montebello with my girlfriend after visiting the cathedral which can be admired from the restaurant.
We had the lunch menu which is around 20€ per person plus drinks which I realized are quite priced in Paris. If you don't know it yet, mind that in France restaurants are obliged to serve tap water for free. So you don't necessarily need to pay 6.5€ for a bottle. I wish I knew that before.
Anyway, the food wasn't particularly good or bad I must say. Among all i recommend the chocolate cake with ice cream, it definitely was the best part of the meal. Overall I would expect something a bit better but I know touristic place like this one can be way worse.
The waiter was polite and they spoke a decent English.
It's ok for the view and the lunch deal but don't expect too much.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I faithfully read reviews before eating, but this place was so charming we just went for it. My mistake. Six people, six different meals, all bad and over priced. The omelet was both burnt on the outside and under cooked on the inside. The "ranch" chickens only flavor was grease. The french onion soup was very thin. The crepe dry and not worth finishing. I only gave it two stars for the people watching....strongly recommending you do that somewhere else!

Date of visit: September 2017