“A Wonderful Surprise”

Ranked #18 of 18 591 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had read about the charcuterie here and I can understand why it gets such terrific reviews. It is a small restaurant with big Italian flavors. In addition to a wide selection of smoked meats their raviolis were simply delicious. We especially loved the ravioli filled with ham and smoked cheese topped with a brown sage butter sauce. They also have a reasonably priced wine list. You’ll enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent place. Tiny place, with no reservation we could get in tho.
Food - we had pasta - was amazing! Fresh bread was just great.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Super-popular tiny neighborhood spot, run with just 3 staff, serving up special anitpasti and pasta dinners, with a few desserts. All our dishes were delish, cooked with great care and presented beautifully. Sweet, fun, cute, friendly. Quiet, not quite romantic since one sites so close to one's neighbors. A lovely find in a special neighborhood. A new favorite for us in Paris. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Our received was friendly. But Service was slow and eventually bad.Because we did not order starters than we want to make order directly to maincourse. One of us food doses came late and both pasta was raw.

Eric D, Propriétaire at Via Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Lottah, Hello Tibo !

I hope you came back well to Finland.

I am very sorry to read you did not enjoy your experience in Via Emilia. The ravioli you had, "Tortelli Reggiani" and "Mezzelune di carciofi" are always cooked the same way. I am sorry again you did not like the way we served your 2 dishes.

Honnestly, I saw there was something wrong but when i asked if you were good, you only told me "it was ok". As I looked to both plates, totally empty, I thought there was something else but I coundn't figure out what it was.

We really hope to see you another time if you plan visiting Paris again, and we will make you try our new creations !

Kind regards,

Eric

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent Italian cuisine, friendly owner, great atmosphere.

Will come again!

The place is quite small and it could be difficult to get a place without a reservation.