“Excellent local restaurant”

Ranked #19 of 672 Restaurants in Tours
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We had dinner while staying in Tours. It's a typical French restaurant run by a hardworking couple with some help. The food was excellent, the staff were lovely and we had a great time. We chose to eat outside at small, traditional French metal table and chairs which weren't grand but we had a great time. Most people ate inside.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We read some reviews, had a personal recommendation but I'm afraid it fell short of expectations.
The food was okay but not special. Serving diced vegetables is awkward and not rewarding. The ambience was okay and the service was very good.
All in all, I wouldn't tell people not to go there, but we would find somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My entire family loved our dinner here. There was not a children's menu, so our kids (10 &12) ordered from the set menu.
My wife and I had the lobster menu, which was delicious. The sauce was deep and rich. Our girls had the fish and said it was delicious as well.
The desserts were sumptuous and were a nice finish to our meal.
The post dessert sweets were absolutely delicious and one of the most unique tastes I have had of a meringue with a hint of sage. Wonderful.
The one down side was a bit of spottiness in our service in the basics like keeping our water jug full

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a little out of the way and unless you knew it was there it’s unlikely you’d find it by chance. But it’s easy to find and close to the cathedral. The first thing that struck us was the friendly but highly professional service. We were greeted by Madame and shown to our seats, handed menus and offered a drink. We were then left to peruse the menu with a plate of canapés. We all chose the €29 menu which had two choices for entree and main course and then a free choice of dessert from the main menu. They also had a €49 lobster menu and an al carte choice. An amuse bouche and petit fours were also included.

We all started with the Terrine de Tours which was superb a cold water pastry raised pie served warm. My husband and I then had the fish of the day which was Maigre (similar to sea bass) simply cooked in the pan with a lobster sauce, asparagus and vegetables. It was excellent; simple but very tasty. Our friends chose the pork steak which was a superb, thick artisanal cut very tender and juicy. Served with a potato galette, grilled endive and vegetables. For dessert we had tarte tatin, ice cream and sorbet selection whilst I chose cheese.

This is a small restaurant run by people who clearly love what they do and are passionate about getting it right. Madam is front of house and monsieur is the chef and he popped out to say hello a couple of times during the evening. There is great attention to detail and care in everything they do, from the food to the decor and ambience. If you want authentic French cuisine with a modern touch in a relaxed but professional setting I can’t recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We had place this restaurant at the top of our list during out 6 day stay in Tours. It did not disappoint. We had an early dinner when they opened at 7:15pm. I had the €29 (fish) three course meal and my wife had the €49 (lobster) dinner. Although they say it's three courses there were other surprises (cheese, little bites, bread, coffee . . .). Expect to say for at least 3 hours (even without wine). We are from Southern California. A meal like this would run easily $150/person. We would call this meal a bargain for what we experienced.

Unlike most restaurants in the Loire Valley, Le Saint Honore, had English menus!!