“Les Canailles review”

Les Canailles
Ranked #20 of 676 Restaurants in Tours
Price range: US$14 - US$57
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Good stuff: Great menu with a lot of tempting dishes
Friendly staff
Beautifully prepared food
Good service
Nice atmosphere.
Full 3 course meal £130 incl service and tip.

Meh Stuff: Nothing really
Meh Stuff:

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

... that make or break a review. in this case, it's sloppiness. we had, after a long day in chenonceau and amboise, decided to eat dinner in tours - which is problematic on a monday evening after 6pm. "les canailles" was just opening for business and we asked for a table around 6:55 which the manager didn't really like (the doors were open, the tables set). we still got our table outside and decided for a three course menu - i had salmon for starters, followed by a beef bavette with fresh vegetables and potato gratin. for dessert, i could not stay away from the creme brulee. the service personnel was nice but couldn't really decide whether to talk french or english to us - which was not a problem.
after my first drink and after i had declared that i would not be drinking any wine, i wasn't asked for additional drinks any more.
the food facts are quite clear: everything was delicious. unfortunately, the bavette was beyond "well done" and therefore miles away from the "medium rare" i had ordered and the gratin was delicious but greasy.
yes, i am nitpicking here, but in my opinion those little things make the difference between four and five points.
would i go there again? sure thing. would i order the same combo? maybe - or go for any other dish since they all looked and smelled great, and the ones i was able to taste apart from my own choices were really tasty.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend & I ate here last night. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food excellent and we had a lovely local wine. I had scallops which were succulent and he had beautifully cooked rack of lamb. The sorbet desserts were a perfect finish to a good meal.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I had a very pleasant time in this restaurant. I enjoyed a nice dinner in a lovely decorated place with a typical French music atmosphere. Starter, main course and dessert were fabulous. The dishes are delicately disposed and side dish vegetable is various.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is highly overrated. Extremely noisy, service is slow, the wine list is not great, and the food is mediocre at best. I cannot understand why it has such a good rating. We will not go back again.