Reviews (2 230)
2 230 results
1 415
1 415
All reviews spa pool old town underground parking top floor sea front sea view wonderful room luxury hotel very nice hotel minute walk room was large mont st only stayed one night cannot comment perfect stay great shower stayed longer
114 - 119 of 2 230 reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Parking is wonderful as i'm a disabled driver I book the underground parking and take the lift straight to reception. The young ladies on reception are very helpful and even help with the luggage to our room.
All rooms are large with big beds and hot and cold drinks available. Bathrooms are large with walk in showers. Wonderful views of the beach and all very quiet, some with balcony's.
The Restaurant is so good and the staff are so friendly but very professional.

Room tip: All rooms are good but if like myself and wife you are only staying for one night the cheaper rooms are very good.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanH3664
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Good accommodation is relatively easy to provide. Give a competent designer an adequate budget and, subject to taste, it should be relatively simple. This hotel is a case in point. Hospitality is different. It relies on staff who care, both for the their product and the guests they are serving. I arrived with a heavy cold, having just driven for 10 hours from Frankfurt. I couldn't face a formal dinner in the dining room and just wanted a bowl of soup and any hot meat they liked, to be sent up to my room. The head waiter referred me to the selection of tartares and sandwiches on the room service menu. I tried again. I suggested that they could possibly put one of the tartares on the grill if all of the restaurant dishes were too tricky. Unaware that I had once owned several hotels and a chain of award winning restaurants, he told me that it was technically impossible to do as I asked. I reluctantly had to go down the road in the rain to get a take away and they lost some useful revenue on a quiet January night. They also lost the possibility of repeat business from someone who has to spend the night in Saint-Malo several times a year.

Room tip: It is worth paying a little more to avoid the tiny standard rooms
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jonathanwT3430GB
Florence D, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Nouveau Monde, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Sir,
Above all, I would like to thank you to have shared your feelings about your recent stay at the Nouveau Monde Hotel.
I’m sincerely sorry to read about your disappointment. In fact our guests have the possibility to have dinner in their room from 7pm till 11pm. The Room-service menu contains the sandwiches, salads, but there are also the hot dishes like “Lobster creamed soup” or “shellfish or mushroom pasta”. We have also our Restaurant “Les 7 Mers” open from 7pm till 9.50pm so like that our guests have a large choice for having dinner.
We take care about every guest remark to progress and get your entire satisfaction to maintain high standards
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to offer you a better service for a next stay in Saint-Malo.
Kind Regards
Le Nouveau Monde

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Large impressive building with front of hotel around the back. Parking outside or in the street. There is also a garage, which we were offered but didn't use as we were able to park easily. Large bedroom with a side sea view, very comfortable. Free safe and tea and coffee also slippers and robes. Excellent evening meal but very expensive.
Breakfast was buffet plenty of choice even scrambled eggs.

Room tip: Sea View if you can afford.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2017

The staff were excellent, we were looked after very well. We had travelled from as far as South Africa to meet up for a special birthday. We had pre chosen the menu choices and the dinner exceeded our expectations. The staff in particular went beyond the normal levels of service to make sure everyone was happy. Well done and thanks again

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Actually I'd rate this 3.5 stars. The hotel is right across the street from the beach which is very convenient and pretty. The hotel is newish, has lots of windows, and has a nice bar upstairs with a great view of the beach. The young staff was not inattentive, but not particularly attentive (read: we had to greet them first before they looked in our direction).

When we checked in, our front desk guy walked us to our room, which was nice. He explained how things worked and answered my question about the motor noise/slight vibration in the room by telling us that we were on the 4th floor and the pool and jacuzzi were on the 5th floor right above us. He assured us it ran 8:30 am to 9:30 pm (?) and that the noise would cease after 9:30 pm which it did, though I found it annoying to hear when I awoke each morning. Not sure about other rooms, but the motor noise did seem to permeate the 4th floor.

The hotel had the usual robes, slippers, bathtub, toiletries (sans conditioner) which was fine. WiFi was unusable (as others have mentioned) so they brought us an extender which worked very well. We had a partial view of the bay/harbor from our room which was nice since our room did not face the ocean. I'm a light sleeper so once the pool/jacuzzi motors shut off for the night, the hotel room was pretty quiet–I wore earplugs one night out of two.

Overall a good, decent hotel (not outstanding in any way) for the price which was about $190 per night. The beds were comfy and if they have regular turn-down service, we only received it one of the two nights we were there.

Date of stay: December 2016