“just fell short”
Review of L'Entre Deux

L'Entre Deux
Ranked #3 of 375 Restaurants in Biarritz
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

High expectations and food was expertly cooked and for the most part excellent. 1 point deducted however because the main course (fish of the day) -superbly cooked- and endives and that was all! I would have preferred something additional and less endives.
However my starter of egg with crab and shrimps was both popular and tasty as were the desserts. So no complaints on quality and I NEVER complain about quality over quantity, but I was a little hungry after the meal (unheard of). At a price of 120 Euros including wine, I would still have wanted to be completely satisfied.

1  Thank eurotrippers

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is defiantly the best restaurant I have eaten at. That includes Royal hospital road in London (Gordon Ramsey) Heston blummenthal at the manderin oriental plus many other top chefs. Absolutely amazing

3  Thank sutcliffepeter
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a great place! The food was outstanding- dessert especially. Lovely atmosphere and attentive service. Also happy to help with translation of menu!!
Fabulous wine too!
Definitely need to book. We were there Tuesday night and they were turning people away on a rainy cold night!!

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on its excellent reviews. The meal did not start well as I do not eat fish and discovered that all but one of the starters were fish. The remaining option was foie gras which I do not enjoy. I opted for the fillet steak main and the millefeuille dessert. Both were delicious. The steak was served with mash and a thick bearnaise sauce which was almost mayonnaise. The texture of the three combined was a bit samey and I would have liked fries or some crunchy veg to add a contrast.

My husband thoroughly enjoyed his langoustine starter but was less sure of his fish main as it was somewhat overpowered by the orange sauce the accompanying veg was served with. He declared his chocolate dessert an absolute triumph.

With the addition of a bottle of Sancerre, total cost was €160. It was mostly worth it.

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Not a big restaurant in a slightly run down area, though La Goulue up the road is a very good neighbourhood restaurant. But this is something else. Refined imaginative food . I had encornets a la carbonara , which was squid cut like tagliatelle in carbonara sauce and J had a soft boiled egg on a bed of ( I think) hake and tomato. Wonderful. I had echine of pork on asparagus with divine potato mousse line and J had hake on a bed of spinach. All superb. J had an apricot tart which was fine he said.lovely service . Two glasses of Jurancon sec and then ( I know too much!) a bottle of same. All came to 127 euro. And of course the wonderful thing about France is the service is included. U.S. visitors please note! We got two complimentary amuse bouche of a lentil soup, and after the meal we had two sensational petit four, a kind of gingerbread with chocolate centre. Divine.

1  Thank DundrumLady