“Wonderful, fresh, modern restaurant!”
Review of Racines

Racines
Ranked #28 of 2 759 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We enjoyed a wonderfully tasty 3 course set meal on a Saturday evening. It's a small menu but perfect, combining quality ingredients, a fresh seasonal theme, with friendly service. The wine menu is well balanced and reasonably priced. It's a small restaurant so you will need to book ahead. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We hadn't booked - staying in the adjacent Mercure and decided to avoid the hotel food, had booked the nearby Bistro du Sommelier. The latter wasn't yet open and looked uninviting so we decided to go upmarket as Racines is listed no 13 out of over 2000 in Bordeaux. We were lucky to get a table for 2, the 32 covers were all full soon after our arrival.
29 euros for 3 courses, plus bonne bouche and a small sorbet thing (better than a sorbet) between courses, was a pleasant surprise. The portions are fine dining size, but the mixture of well presented ingredients was delicious.
Only a choice of 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 desserts so you could be unlucky on the day and find nothing you liked. but we didn't.
My starter based on boudin noir and lots of tasty things was delicious except I had to wind myself up to handle the texture of 'rare' black pudding.
Wife had the 'cru' St Jacques with very al dente asparagus starter which was also good.
Supreme of guinea fowl with salsify and more tasty bits, the best pintade I've had to date (and I've had a few).
We tried one each of the desserts which were also good especially the white choc based one.
Acceptable white for 5 euros and a good Fronsac for 8, a reasonable sized glass.
Some of the chairs are not very comfortable.
We'll be back and will book next time.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Walked in on a Saturday around 12:30. The restaurant was full and unfortunately just missed the last few table to other guests who walked in just before us.
I asked for a table and I just answered in a very disparaging way, we are full. When I asked if we could reserve a table the server just answered we only do one service and walks away.
Well, it seems that you don’t need guests, but you can still be polite and say that you are afraid but you are full. I think I haven’t missed anything!

3  Thank Frequent_TravellerES
Reviewed 10 March 2018

A fantastic restaurant that we were lucky enough to eat in. The food was inspirational and it is an absolute must to visit if in Bordeaux. Without doubt one of the best meals we have had in France and I know we will return again and again.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Very friendly and charming personell. Very good food and a good wine choice. Prices are moderate, so really a very good place to visit