All reviews minute walk larger chains bath products charming boutique hotel no elevator decent size wonderful stay wine bar comfortable rooms central bordeaux clarisse france city robes
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I wanted to write a review for La Maison Bord’eaux to share my great experience! Firstly, the staff was wonderful, Isabelle and Dimitri were extremely helpful and were always ready to help. A big thank you to both of you. We arrived early and they made sure that our room was ready! We just LOVED our room...we were in the Clarisse room! Wow! The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was great! The hotel is a 10 min walk to downtown and that was perfect for us! After a long day walking we were so happy to get back to our wonderful room. Thank you to all of you! We will come back again...Bordeaux is beautiful!

Dont hesitate to book, its a great hotel!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
LaMaisonBordeaux, Responsable réception at La Maison Bord'eaux, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for this gentle comment and for sharing your experinece. We were glad you enjoyed your stay and the team remains concerned to improve at all the time our services. Hoping to welcome you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 27 August 2018

wonderful, charming boutique hotel in central Bordeaux. Neighborhood is local and peaceful and any of the central sights are walkable distance. Comfortable rooms, great beds and decent size for France. Great toiletries (soaps, linens, robes, etc). Had everything I needed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
LaMaisonBordeaux, Responsable réception at La Maison Bord'eaux, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear guest
we were glad to have you in our charming hotel and glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is very important for us and helps us to keep welcoming our guest in the best conditions.
Hoping to welcome you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 18 July 2018

An awful experience from start to finish. We arrived after 9pm...getting to the B&B was difficult as extensive and ongoing tram works cause road closures and one way systems so SAT NAV is useless!
We were given the address by the B&B on booking...and eventually arrived...the sign at the address said "Consulate De Monaco"? So I got out of the car and went on foot searching for La Maison De Bordeaux...there is no parking on the narrow one way street. Eventually a local helped me find the gate to the property, there is no clear signage at all; we had been told to park the car at the gateway overnight; I had reserved parking (as I thought) at the property, in fact you have to move the car to a local car park... before 9am...!!!

Entry to the B&B was via the "Consulate De Monaco" door, we had been given a punch pad code. We entered a gloomy, dark hall and saw A4 signs with my name and room number plastered to the stairway and landings directing us to our third floor room, loose carpet rods and worn carpet making the stairs hazardous!

We had booked a "Junior Suite"...our room was in fact a family room; with two ugly single sofa beds in the "suite" area, dressed and covered with blankets? The room was stark and strangely decorated with odds and ends and mismatched items, the bathroom needs a total revamp, no shower, just a hand held option in the bath, towels and robes were threadbare and th "hotel" slippers provided had clearly been recycled....there was a small fridge on the bedroom floor, just plonked there, really noisy...

Breakfast was meagre and severely depleted an hour before service ended even though I'm guessing the B&B was not even half full; a huge toaster with breads displayed..but the toaster doesn't work? No coffee on the "buffet" you have to wait for this to be served... the decor is hostel like in the dining area, the only nice areas are Reception and a small sitting room-I suppose this is because it is in fact...The Consulate De Monaco...!

It is a good 30 minute walk to the city centre due to road works making the area a huge construction site.

I forgot a bag in Reception area on departure; when I discovered this en route to our next destination, I called the B&B, I was told no bag had been left or found. I called back the following morning adamant that my bag had been left by accident- I was then told the bag had indeed been located. I arranged to collect this a few days later. When we got back to Bordeaux, I rang the bell at the premises and knocked on the door, no response. So I used the code from the previous week and walked right in??? If I had known the code was not changed regularly I would not have felt very secure in this unattended building from 9pm to 8am? Meet by a bemused receptionist, who said she knew nothing about me or my bag? This is a tiny place, I had met this woman several times and she had checked me out a few days earlier. Anyway my bag was located in "Lost Property" (an unlocked kitchen /store room off Reception) and I left, discovered an issue with my bag and returned again via the Consulate De Monaco door!!!

I would bet my missing GUCCI belt that the entry code to this building has not been changed...ever......

Room Tip: ...this is not a boutique hotel, it's a (basic) B&B....
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
LaMaisonBordeaux, Directeur général at La Maison Bord'eaux, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Nicola
Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay among us. At first, let us replace the word B&B you have used several times in your coment. We are not a B&B. We are what we call a "boutique hotel"'. It seems you are not familiar to the this so let me explain our politics. We are a small and private hotel welcoming guests in a personnal way as much as we can. And you find the sign "Consulate of Monaco on our second door because our owner was indeed the consul of Monaco...This door is 2m from the main big grey door where a sign indicates "La Maison Bord'eaux". Usually and amusing and original detail for most of our guests. Our directions are perfectly clear in case of late arrival, given in advance and confirmed. We are also kind enought to install signs from the entrance to indicate the directions of the room.
Regarding the breakfast, we have staff dedicate to the task of serving tea coffee on the table, the wait is never long and it is done while the clients are helping themselves at the buffet., This avoids people staring too long in front of the buffet. But we added a coffee machine in the buffet lately.

I will not debate about the general decoration of the hotel, matter of taste but be advised that numerous items and paintings are made from local creators.

The distance between our hotel and city center is certainly not 30 min but 10 min by foot to the Opera. It makes of the hotel a location apreciated because close to the city center but inconviences less.

We have some constructions on the next street right, independant of us for the new tram line which will make the hotel easily reachable from station in the next months.

We are sorry for the inconvenience due to your lost bag which was recoovered by our staff on the same day. We checked our entrance bell which works perfectly. We will indeed to improve the efficiency of our process of lost fonds. Nevertheless, we cannot suffer a doubt about a "stolen" object. Our staff has been loyal and honest since a long time. So we have no reponse to your loss as your item has not been open and has been kept in the lost fond area which is closed and private.
Our team remains concerned by your coments in order to improve our services. Best regards

Reviewed 16 July 2018

This hotel is a gem right in the heart of Bordeaux. From the minute we arrived the staff answered our every question and advised us of all of the great locations to visit. They booked restaurants and assisted us with tours and travel as well. Rooms were spotless and facilities excellent. I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
LaMaisonBordeaux, Responsable réception at La Maison Bord'eaux, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear julieanne.

We are gald that you enyoyed your stay among us and were very happy to have you at La Maison Bord'eaux.
We remain concerned by your comments in order to improve our services. Hoping to welcome you again. Best regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

First time in Bordeaux and opted for an independent hotel rather than one of the larger chains and am very glad I did. Not many hotels manage to pull off 'charming' but La Maison does effortlessly. My room overlooked the courtyard (which is a very cute space to eat/chill out in) and was very spacious, bed incredibly comfortable, well appointed bathroom, clean etc BUT no air con which is the summer is brutal (I may have just got unlucky with my room as I have read reviews where they had air con so check in advance!), the Dyson fans just don't touch the sides which is a shame so just be warned!

Hotel is a 10-15 walk to the centre of the city, it's a nice walk but there is a LOT of construction work going on at the moment (very noisy in the morning, there is a big site not far from the hotel). I didn't have breakfast so can't comment. If you want a hotel with character and amazing service, go with La Maison :)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business