“A most lovely and unique experience”
New Function Room 2013 St-Emilion-Bedroom-Rental-Chateau
Terrace On Wedding Day
Trip Advisor Award 2011 and 2012
Second Trip Advisor award 2011 and 2012
New Salt pool / heated pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
French first
Any
Dinah L
“A most lovely and unique experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We chose Chateau Lagorce to celebrate our wedding in March 2014.
After an online search for a possible venue and reading about Lagorce and the overwhelming positive reviews of its proprietors, Anna and Edward, I was convinced I was having our wedding here. We made the reservation soon after and decided to pay the chateau a visit the day after we paid for it. Seeing the impressive landscape around the chateau and meeting Anna in person, I knew I could not have made a more perfect choice. I had just recently moved to Bordeaux from Vancouver/Manila so I knew I would need help organizing our church wedding and reception. My french husband had also only moved to Bordeaux from Paris. We would have had a difficult time to pick out a caterer or a make up /hair stylist, flower arrangements etc. Anna was the perfect help and organizer anyone can dream of. She is efficient and very professional on top of knowing super and reliable suppliers. She was a wealth of source of much needed information on church, and a list of credible suppliers - photographer, videographer, hair/make up stylist, quartet, dj, etc. If you are from out of town or simply like me who was a foreigner in a new city and wanted to organize an event in a most fabulous venue - a castle with 21 en suite bedrooms all tastefully decorated, complete amenities inside the chateau to make one's stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible (tv, wifi, piano -though i imagine like us, you would rather enjoy the lovely scenery outdoors), a well equipped kitchen and cutlery for at least 40 people , wide space around the chateau with a serene lake (the kids enjoyed immensely exploring the fields and had the utmost freedom running all over, a lovely pool which unfortunately was still too cold to have a dip in late March. We decided to prepare all the meals ourselves in the chateau and all the guests had the choice to stay for the meal or decide to explore the nearby towns on their own. Huddled in the vast kitchen altogether whipping up the apero, and the main meals and getting lost in the chaos and fun of preparing a meal for 40+adults/kids, we found the whole experience intimate and unique. Celebrating a wedding with 40 of your closest family and friends for 4 days has made our stay in the chateau a truly most unique and special experience that I will always remember so fondly. It was sweet and it has made my wedding truly more meaningful.
I will forever be grateful to Anna. She was my angel. On the wedding day itself, she was the perfect organizer. When the chateau guests had any concern and I was nowhere to be found, they knew to go directly to Anna to seek help. She arranged everything all so perfectly - the arrival of the hair stylist, the videographer, the make up artist, flower/bouquet delivery, the photographer. She magically maneuvered keeping me a surprise for my future husband - masterly shifting us from one room to another( it was hilarious but fun). She likewise helped me get dressed and retouched my hair and make up. She helped make the church ceremony nearly flawless - arranging the timing of the entrance march and coordinating the music with the quartet.
Back at the chateau for the wedding reception, she helped run the apero/cocktails on time and arranged the throwing of the rose petals by guests who were lined up in two rows, leaving the space in the middle for us to walk through. It was a moment I will remember so fondly. Over dinner, she was in charge of queuing the speeches so we won't run the reception too late. Anna was the perfect. most reliable organizer (apart from being the sweetest, kindest and most charming friend )any bride would be lucky to have. She made everything possible and proved to be an indispensable help to me at a time /day that I am rendered almost useless - there is a limit to what a bride can do on her wedding day. Being a control freak, I could have lost it not being under control over a lot of factors/tiny details on that day. But Anna filed in that vacancy and she more than super. She did a lot of extras that I would not have expected from her. Alors, I am the most grateful bride. Our wedding/ chateau stay has been truly one of the most fabulous experience I have so far. Two months after our wedding, all our guests - from the French local guests, to our international guests coming from Canada, the USA, England, Luxembourg, China, and the Philippines, are still gushing over their chateau stay and "a most fabulous beautiful wedding". All the wedding guests had nothing but a big merci for having them over at a beautiful well organized extremely fun wedding celebration. (the dancing finally ended at past 4am )

My husband and I have only one regret. We did not have time to get a chance to fully enjoy the lovely space around the chateau. We only finally had a half an hour to do a short promenade around the chateau, after everyone with their packed suitcase had driven away with their cars.
We bid au revoir and thanked Anna and Edward profusely for everything they have done for us. And indeed, we promised we shall be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity around the chateau.
Liked least: 4 days was not enough
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Rebeccatp...
London, United Kingdom
“Best wedding week !!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Had our wedding here and booked the whole chateau for our family and friends. We had the best week of our lives and wished it never came to an end. Anna is the best wedding planner you can have (especially if you are planning a destination wedding!) which means you don't need to worry about a thing on the wedding day! The chateau is absolutely beautiful, plenty of space for everyone, lots of things to do (swimming, games room, pool) ..absolutely perfect for a fun wedding with close friends and family. The chateau wine was amazing to say the least ..wish I had brought some back with me! All our guests had a great time at the chateau.

We wished that we could have stayed longer than the 4 days we booked because it was so much fun!! Really hope to be back one day :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole wedding experience in the chateau and spending time with family and friends in a wonderful location for 4 days 3 nights!
Liked least: That we had to leave :(
Travelling group: Large Group
Large groups
leex
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Beautiful Location for a wedding”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Stayed here for 3 nights with family while attending a family wedding which was celebrated onsite. Lovely private setting outside Bordeaux. Bedroom and living accommodation were very clean, spacious and comfortable and kept with historical character of the property. There appeared to be lots of activities onsite to keep people busy incl outdoor pool, children's football area, table tennis, snooker room. Wedding reception area was excellent also. Overall I would highly recommend.

Travelling group: Extended Family
kilkennyk...
Kilkenny
“Chateau wedding weeken that we wished would never end”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We booked Chateau Lagorce without having ever seen the venue, and based on the tripadvisor reviews alone - so I guess you could say that we were taking a risk, but I knew from the gushing reviews of other couples who had been married there and from the constant and organised communications from Anna (wedding planner/angel at Lagorce) that we were in capable hands and would not be disappointed.
From the moment we arrived ourselves and our guests felt so relaxed in the breathtaking surroundings of the chateau. The rooms are all individually styled in keeping with the medieval castle style but with all modern facilities (and so handy that they are all ensuite).
What really made the weekend was that we were able to have all of our guests staying with us and that there was so much onsite to do - fabulously warm swimming pool, football pitch, boules, croquet, pool table, piano, bikes - even a casino room! (which kept the male contigient very happy ;)
Each morning the downton style kitchen was buzzing with everyone grabbing coffees and croissants and having a good chat - it really is such an intimate lovely space - far nicer in my opinion than a hotel breakfast buffet.
As for the big day, it went like a dream - Anna was super organised without being intrusive and the schedule ran like clockwork (she even managed to fit the fireworks display in between some thunderstorms!). The food was sublime - our guests raved about the confit duck and the croquembouche in particular. Wine from the nearby vineyard was all lovely - my favourite was the pink sparkling.
It's just a month since our wedding and I'm already wishing we could go back and do it all over again. I'll treasure the amazing memories we have of our wedding at Lagorce forever.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the chateau building itself is stunning
Liked least: having to leave!
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
IL
Reviewed 26 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing