All reviews no lift perfect location star hotel croissants old town four nights reception staff square cathedral euro christmas code alsace
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

For price and location you can't beat it. Breakfast included, but no meat with same. Otherwise adequate, will get your engine started, and why pay some other place. Rooms are not great. Within 300 meters of Cathedral Notre Dame. It ain' the Ritz, but definately worth the price. My wife didn't like it, but this is my review.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank judgejohnny
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed four nights here and had a wonderful visit. This hotel is in a perfect location close to the center of Strasbourg, just a couple minutes walk from the cathedral. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was in great shape and the wifi was fast. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Firstly, a positive ... the pre-booking contact from staff was exceptional as was the assistance provided. The information I saw on the booking site used photos not at all indicative of the Double room I booked. Carpet was almost threadbare, it hadn't been vacuumed (I found shoes under the bed). Bathroom had not enough room to turn around in without opening the door and was very dated. Walls and fittings were scruffy. The bed lamps didnot match and one was faulty so I was worried about being electrocuted!! Entry and public areas very unattractive and lots of missing paint and plaster. Location not a good enough reason to recommend this hotel or stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend took this hotel as a last minute birthday surprise. Knowing it was two stars but with a good rating, and with other hotels being very full/expensive given the season, he thought he would take the risk. It was a mistake. It was dirty (hairs in your bed and pillow case CAKED in make up), the walls were paper thin and the beds so old there was a clear dip in the middle of each. All in all you could think that for the price, the location makes up for the bad points - only for four euros extra our friends stayed in a hotel 150m up the road in a charming, spotless attic room with none of the above problems. I would not recommend this hotel, and would rather recommend they get a minimum of a refurb.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night when we visited Strasbourg earlier this month. It wasn't easy to locate the place using google maps but the location was pretty ideal. When we entered the hotel and our room I thought to myself that this place Could use some (a lot of) updating... The room was small and the bathroom was tiny. It was as clean as could be but I'm not sure I would stay again...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
CHRISTOPHEStrasbourg, Directeur général at Hotel des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank your for your comment about our Hotel.

We take note that you have some trouble finding the Hotel, you can called the Hotel at any time in order to have some informations who yo get to the hotel, where are the closer parking.

We send an e-mail every week before your check in with all of this informations.

We will reatblish the hotel this year.

We wish you a nice Day.