“Fantastic food and service”
Review of Dimitri's

Dimitri's
Ranked #232 of 2 532 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$29 - US$36
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had a visit here on a very hot day and had some really nice food. The deals are really good and we shared some delicious dishes including the grilled halloumi, calamari, hummous and tabouleh. Not quite sure what the previous reviews were on about rude staff as we had excellent service including a very nice waiter who even came and apologised for our beers taking a bit longer due to the barrel just being changed. Thoroughly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 547)

41 - 45 of 1 547 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went to dimitries as a party of 6 for my friends birthday. Upon arrival the bar was extremely busy so me and my friend asked if we could be seated. We were told by the manager very abruptly that we had to wait for all the others to arrive. Fair enough. We ordered our drinks at bar and waited for others to arrive. When we were seated we ordered our food and had to then wait an hour for any food to arrive. We seen how busy it was so we did not complain. However, one of my friends was given the wrong order, another's prawns were freezing cold, the garlic bread was cremated and was not edible. Then the patatas bravas came and they were not cooked properly and were rock hard. The manager came over and we told him that this was not acceptable and none of our meals were ok to eat. He then became extrmently aggressive and got very close to my friends face. I told him this was not acceptable to be treated this way to which point he started yelling "if it's not acceptable get the f*uck out". Absolutely appalling behaviour and I am suprised the business is still going with managers who think it's acceptable to shout and swear at customers amd with food that is just not edible! Very disappointed and birthday celebrations ruined due to a very aggressive man! Will not be returning! Disgusting behaviour.

3  Thank jc1888
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had visited several times as its one of the few Greek restaurants in Manchester, the food is not mind blowing but always tasty.
However on this visit (a colleagues leaving do, 6 of us) we were treated so appallingly by the owner/manager that I will not return.
He practically invited us to leave when we were finally seated after waiting for our booked table for over 20 minutes. "If you don't like it you don't have to stay, you can leave, its up to you?" he bellowed as he handed us menus!
We stayed as we were starving.
Our food arrived in stages, I had almost finished by the time my friend's arrived. mine was also lukewarm.
We also witnessed him shouting at another table as they got their mains and they got up and left!
A member of our party started chocking and fortunately a kind man at the next table came to help.
The owner came over and only asked if it was because of the food, not about her wellbeing!
It was also not addressed afterwards or even put in the accident book.
I was appalled, as someone who was the head chef of a Greek restaurant and is marrying into a Greek family I can wholeheartedly say that this restaurant is not representative of what Greek hospitality and food is about.
Avoid at all costs and go to Rozafa instead

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely food, reasonable prices and really friendly efficient staff. The moussaka is really good.
The "outside" covered eating area was a real bonus with the temperature approaching 30C

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Went into Dimitris after a business event with a colleague. Didn’t want a heavy meal as it was so hot. Great dips and tasty mezze was really good. Nice flavours, plenty of garlic and spice.