Reviews (6 600)
1 075
2 544
2 146
1 075
All reviews thermal suite piccadilly station car park steam room lovely hotel city centre mini bar lovely room executive room reception staff stayed here for one night comfy bed saturday night apollo slippers concert
1 260 - 1 265 of 6 600 reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Great stay and a great breakfast (expensive for most hotels at £20 each) but they really need to add more lifts as 1 working lift for the whole hotel was ridiculous we walked 6 flights of stairs rather than wait 20 mins to get in the lift

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
GenManManchester, Operations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Helen

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you time with us was enjoyable and hope that you will be encouraged to return when you are next in Manchester.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced a challenge with our lifts and offer my sincere apologies for the annoyance and frustration caused. We are currently undergoing improvements to our lift facilities and are confident that the improvements made will have a significant positive impact on our guests experience. Once again I offer my apologies and hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you are next in Manchester.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Stayed at the Macdonald on Saturday night as part of a Valentines treat.- unfortunately, along with a larger number of other people who were attending Big Brother auditions (bad timing!)
Our room was a superior king size - spacious and airy with a huge bed and big bathroom. The bedlinen and bathroom were spotlessly clean but the carpet was very stained (photo added) giving the place a slightly grubby feel. This was nothing however compared to the nightmare of waking up at 03.30 to find a random, very drunk man stood at the end of our bed! We have absolutely no idea how he got in but he was very quickly and purposefully removed by my boyfriend. He then proceeded to kick virtually every bedroom door along the corridor before finally falling quiet... leaving me too scared to sleep.
Macdonald hotel ultimately cannot control guests and I understand this but my whole experience was awful. We couldn't leave fast enough in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
GenManManchester, Operations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Cathy

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear of your experience with us and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail so that I may conduct the necessary investigations into your concerns. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Just had a weekend spa break and things could have been better.
The hotel is good enough, nice size room and furnished comfortably enough. Location of the hotel is also good, but that's the end of the positives.
The hotel bar was rowdy and not the ideal location to enjoy the afternoon tea treat we had pre booked, so perhaps management could cordon off a place for the guests who want to enjoy something quieter than 'a pint and the rugby'?
The spa facilities were very basic with just a couple of steam rooms and no jacuzzi or pool. The after spa treatment also left a lot to be desired serving only cold water and a few hot drinks, no chilled juices or snacks.
Overall a very basic experience which is not reflected in the price you pay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
GenManManchester, Bars Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear SUDON66

Thank you for taking the time to write a review fo your experience with us.

I apologise that the atmosphere in our bar area was not to your liking.

Your comments are invaluable to us as it is only from the comments, such as those you have made, that we can deliver and continuously improve the standards that we aspire to. Please rest assured that your comments have been duly noted and suggestions have been taken on board.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at some point in the near future.

Joseph Beckett
Bars Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Went on the Friday night and got the deal which included breakfast and a two course meal. Couldn't fault the room it was lovely and big and the bathroom was a great size too and really clean. At breakfast we were missed being seen too for tea/coffee and toast but the cooked breakfast was fantastic. The only thing I can say as a fault is the lift situation, it was very busy, slow and sometimes just skipped past our floor but apart from that it was an enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend and go back

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Rachael

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that, on the whole, you had an enjoyable stay with us and am glad to hear that you would recommend us and indeed consider a return visit.

I appreciate the difficulties you experienced with our lifts during your stay and offer my sincere apologies for the annoyance this will undoubtedly have caused. We are at present working to improve our lift function for the benefit of our guests and once completed, have confidence that our guests will see a dramatic improvement to this service.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at some point in the near future and thank you, once again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Stayed here for a work trip for about 4 nights, where we hosted a meeting. Although it was a quick turnaround of reservations and meeting, I can't say much about the staff working on that side since I didn't work with them for too long. Although the financial department does not have the best customer service. My room was a bit lacking, worn down a bit (lumpy bed, table, carpet) and I felt something was lacking for a hotel with the word "spa" in it. The breakfast was good- pretty comprable to any UK breakfast, wifi was not super strong in the room. The meeting space was decent- it had windows!- but the internet was extremely slow, and although the staff was extremely helpful, it was hard to find them at times. The meeting lunch had an array of food- but nothing to rave about. The AM/PM snacks were definitely lacking and I was highly disappointed. If I were to be in Manchester, although not such a short deadlines, I would probably look for something else.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
GenManManchester, Conference and Events Operations Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Evi765

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed the meeting space, lots of natural day light is a plus for many of our meeting hosts. It is also kind of you to mention our team who are there to ensure the smooth running of our meeting space.

Whilst our team are on hand, I hope that the Conference Mobile was highlighted to you as this makes our team contactable by text or phone should anything be needed in a hurry.

We are currently looking at ways to improve the offering of our snacks and lunch to further improve our offering to our valued guests.

Thank you, once again, for your constructive feedback, we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Mark Walker