Reviews (6 649)
1 084
2 558
2 154
1 084
All reviews thermal suite piccadilly station car park lovely hotel city centre mini bar lovely room executive room reception staff stayed here for one night bath apollo slippers concert
1 402 - 1 407 of 6 649 reviews
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in room 620, room was spacious and clean, and for being next to the road the noise did not bother us. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Only flaw to our stay was the fire alarm sounding at midnight, and the staff on shift seemed clueless as to how to handle the situation it made myself feeling very uncomfortable.
Food was okay slightly dissapointed in the service as we asked for food at 21:45 and were told the kitchen was closed even though the menu stated "last orders 10pm"
The next day we ordered room service, 2 burgers and 2 cokes came to £38 even though both burgers together were only £21 and tray charge £5, so there for charged £10 for two cokes, ridiculous.

Other than this it was over all a good stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellianne M
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Good afternoon Kellianne
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, I must apologise for the fire alarm sounding in the evening and as a result, we have reiterated the importance of the health and safety procedures for such events to our team.
I have also taken the time to remind the team of what is promised regarding food serving times. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with the rest of your stay and hope to welcome you back should you be returning to Manchester so we can showcase our usual outstanding service.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Well what can I say apart from mmmm
Arrived 4pm (had booked this hotel over 12 months ago )
Was booked in paid the extortion in car parking (£20) went up to rooms (2 couples 2 rooms ) friends room was lovely no problems at all . Unfortunately our room hadn't even been cleaned there was stale food left on the table bedding was on the floor so instantly I was annoyed!
Down to reception I went,now then reception was busy the lady behind reception could see I was upset and asked if she could help I explained and promptly we where given another room problem sorted instantly .
Room lovely shower ok bath too small but ok hotel position is a little out of Manchester but not too far apart from the room situation it was quite a pleasant stay .

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos4485

Dear Carlos
Thank you for your recent visit to Macdonald Manchester Hotel and for your constructive feedback. I am concerned to read about the status of your room on arrival, I would appreciate the opportunity to investigate the matter further if you could be so kind and contact me directly to establish your room number. I am glad we rectified the situation in the end and hopefully we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Johan Scheepers

To book our best available rates please contact 0161 272 3200 or general.manchester@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The hotel has a lovely reception and staff are helpful. Unfortunately the room on the 6th floor when we went to bed mid week was noisy (not enough glazing for being next to a busy road) and mattress was one of the worse I've every slept on - hence a poor nights sleep which is all you want ! Get the bed and noise level right.

Room tip: Check mattress and noise level when you enter the room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kasia S
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Kasia,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Macdonald Manchester Hotel and for writing a review. Please contact me directly in order to establish your room number, I am concerned about the comments you raised with regards to the quality of the mattress and would like to investigate the matter urgently.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight and were upgraded on arrival to a Panoramic Suite which gave a brilliant view across the City Centre and the snowy mountains in the distance were clearly visible and made a lovely backdrop for a morning tea.
The food was brilliant and the drinks reasonably priced.
Part of our stay included a Spa visit, my girlfriend and I have been to numerous Spa's across the North West, although the Spa was rather small and there was no pool(!) it was relaxing and enjoyable, one of the best part of the stay was the treatment I had, a back massage which hands down was the best massage I've had. The treatment was performed by Sammi who was perfectly friendly, knowledgable and very skilled, I would definitely return if not only for the treatment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lee
Thank you for your recent visit to Macdonald Manchester and for your positive feedback. The team and Sammi in particular will be delighted and proud to receive such praise and we look forward to welcoming you back to Macdonald Manchester Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Didn't use the hotel but based on the service from the lounge/bar area I would love to, staff very friendly, Iona one of the members stood out with great customer service, can't wait to return, would definitely recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank emwa99

Dear Emwa
Thank you for visiting us at Macdonald Manchester and for the compliments about service received in the lounge. Iona will be very proud to receive your praise and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Johan