“Low-end drinks at high-end prices”
Review of Hula Bar

Hula Bar
Ranked #99 of 231 Nightlife in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Be transported into the crazy world of Hula... A 1950s inspired, Tiki hideout and late night party venue, packed to the brim with thrill seekers, partying into the early hours. The basement bar exudes tropical beach-style - with retro, kitsch vibes complete with mesmerizing tropical fish tank to greet you as you enter. Hula has a nightly rotation of Manchester's best DJs throughout the week, which ensures a vibrant atmosphere from the minute the doors open. The cocktail menu harbours classic, authentic concoctions for those who wish to play it safe, and for the more adventurous there's a selection of wild and wacky potions.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Visiting this week, the venue was totally dead. Two unattentive barmen messed around behind the bar and seemed put out by us ordering drinks. We paid over £23 for three bizarre cocktails with very little in the way of taste, authenticity and decent ingredients. This place is truly lost and suffering an identity crisis. It's a tiki bar (in theory) but serves diluted bad cocktails and plays reggae music. Would not return. Ever.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"decor"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Tried here after a really nice night in tusk only to be spoken to like crap by the two doormen . As a resident in Heaton Moor I certainly won’t be back or recommending this bar to friends due to the behaviour of the guys on the door . Certainly won’t get my support in requesting a late licence im my that naffed off.

1  Thank DAVE F
Reviewed 21 November 2017

It's a great little bar so I don't want to knock it to much but I know other people have mentioned card issues below. I went and had a great time but checking my bank balance a few days later I was charged twice for every payment taking my spending from £48 to £96.
I thought it was odd at the time as the bar tender took my card but didn't think much of it. Obviously I didn't keep the receipts as I was fairly drunk so there's not much I can do now.
I had fun while I was there but waking up to find your well earned money gone and you've paid double was devastating and puts you off going back so just be careful!!!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We visited here for a mates birthday today. We had been out all day and visited all the popular cocktail bars in Manchester such as the Alchemist and Lounge 12.
My girlfriend was refused visit as the bouncer didn't believe her ID even though she showed 5 debit cards with her name on aswell as driving license.
There were 4 bouncers, 3 said it was fine and one was just been funny about it and said no, so we just left as we had plenty of money to spend elsewhere - I will always outright refuse to give my money to anywhere that hires bouncers as such. My Mrs was left embarrassed and upset by how attitude. I understand you have strict challenge 25 policy but come on, Driving License, credit cards and debit cards and he says her eyes look different. The funny thing is in the 9 hours we were out that day that was the only place that even ID'd us - which is fine..
Spent a couple hundred across the road and will continue to divert people from this place if this is your adoptive approach.