7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$190
2 200
1 615
2 200
1 615
All reviews cloud bar the executive lounge podium restaurant afternoon tea high floor valet parking birthday treat standard room city centre full english following morning stayed for one night clouds deansgate queue canapes ncp
Selected filters
33 - 38 of 5 474 reviews
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Second stay here and we love the high rooms (we had a king size exec room on floor 22) with the views. Conveniently located. Executive Club bar on floor 23 is great with lovely staff. Special mention for Ariel who chased after us right down the street when we left our car keys in the exec club bar when going out for dinner. She could easily have popped them behind the bar for us to collect so we were hugely appreciative of her finding us.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Adam Reckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Hi simalib

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave this lovely feedback.

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the views, and that you were well looked after by our team members, particularly in the Executive Lounge. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to Ariel and I'm so pleased she was able to reunite you with your keys!

My team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you next come to Manchester!

Reviewed 25 July 2021

Came here as a celebration . We originally booked a night in the clouds package however all along the way there was stress and aggro . Got told a few days before we couldn't have cocktail on arrival anymore , or evening afternoon tea . Got an email saying we could have a replacement bar tab of £35 and a glass of champagne on arrive but then got another email stating i could have a cocktail on arrival and then £50 food tab . Also got told i had to pay on arrival which i had already paid in advance and they wanted me to pay more than what the voucher was originally worth so rang reservations . Again they said i hadn't paid to then tell me i had and was mis communicated and was a standardises email.

Check in was friendly however got told i hadn't paid again so they had to ring their office . This now got sorted after 3 times . We paid for an upgraded room which was on the 16th floor . First impressions was great view and loved the Jacuzzi bath and so did my boyfriend . we was then concerned by us finding a massive chard of broken glass in our bedroom aswell as a half chocolate bar which is a cause for concern considering standards should be high especially with covid. We reported this to reception and given an apology and a comp drink .
Cloud 23- very enjoyable however still got the glass of champagne not the cocktail in our package on arrival , and was slightly disappointed how we didn't have a window seat but we understand.
Podium bar- Was very quiet but food was good however limited , once again we the staff was friendly but unaware of our food tab . This was rectified shortly .
Pool - one of our highlights
Breakfast - also no problems great service and food quality.

We decided to uses the upgraded massage shower but this was leaking at the side so seemed to floor the bathroom floor out , so we stuck to the jacuzzi bath .
Checkout was 12 on email and by reception but from 10.30 - 11.15\30 ish 3 differnt housekeepers knocked on our door thinking we had left .

Overall i do not appreciate a dirty room when trying to be charged £195on check in for a top end room and me and my boyfriend paying an upgraded room price , we expect better standard during covid times and most certainly not dirty bedroom or faulty furnishings or to feel rushed out by housekeepers!

Its such a shame because i loved the view in the room in the morning and at night however hesitant to come back or recommend when no one has come back to me or followed up my complaint about the cleanliness .

Hi Venture743195

Thanks for taking the time to leave to leave this feedback and we're so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. As you can imagine, this is absolutely not the usual high level of high standard or service we aim to achieve.

I'm disappointed to hear of your pre-arrival experience as I understand it won't have been nice to have felt uneasy before stepping through the door. Unfortunately we're no longer able to serve Evening Tea up in Cloud 23, and while the vouchers containing this offering expired earlier in the year, we wanted to extend them until the end of 2021 to ensure everyone could still use them. This however does mean we have made the decision to exchange the Evening Tea element for a £50 bar tab in Cloud 23. I'm sorry this wasn't clearly communicated ahead or upon your arrival and rest assured as a team we will look into how we communicate this out to guests more clearly going forward.

While I'm pleased you enjoyed the view from your room and the jacuzzi bath, some of the other issues you have raised are absolutely unacceptable. I'm glad our Front of House team were able to make it right for you, but I appreciate this isn't something you should have experienced in the first place. While I unfortunately can't change the experience you had with us, this is something I will be picking up with the relevant team members and looking into further.

I'm glad you enjoyed Cloud 23, Podium and the pool, and were well looked after by our restaurant team.

We do hope you'll return so we can restore your good faith, but once again, please do accept my apologies for the issues experienced during your recent visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2021

For the price, I thought the room would’ve been better looking. Had to wait over 30 minutes past checkin time because was told that the system was down. Everything was dusty and the bathroom was really dirty, same for the pool area. The AC didn’t work in the room and the room also smell like cigarette smoke. After getting information that room service is 24/7 , I called to get some food and spoke to a guy nam “Joseph”, when asked to order a pizza, Joseph attitude wasn’t welcoming and sounded like the didn’t want to work and like I was bothering him.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 648sasha

Hi 648sasha

Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback and we're so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. As you can imagine, this is absolutely not the usual high level of high standard or service we aim to achieve.

With Hilton CleanStay, we've elevated our already rigorous cleaning between stays to give you extra peace of mind when you step into your guest room and so it saddens me to hear you were unhappy with your room, in particular your comments around dust and dirt. Thank you in addition for your feedback on the air conditioning unit - rest assured, these issues are something I will personally look into with the relevant teams.

I'm sorry to hear your room service call wasn't warmly received. We don't have a Joseph working at the hotel, but I will look into who it could have been who spoke to you and address the situation accordingly.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope you'll return again so we can restore your good faith.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

The rooms are well appointed and as a Diamond member, I felt well looked after throughout the stay. The staff are attentive and the Polish lady in the executive lounge is always really friendly and polite. There are a few areas in some of the rooms that need attention but generally, I always feel welcome at this hotel and it presents excellent value for money in a great location. I would recommend it. The staff at breakfast are really attentive and the bar staff over the weekend particularly good. Great to see Hilton Deansgate bouncing back into life after the pandemic.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Adam Reckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Hi Greg2803

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you were well looked after by our team members during your stay, particularly in the Executive Lounge and during breakfast.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member, and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next come to Manchester!

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

My first visit at the Hilton hotel must say the front desk staff wasn’t very nice. Unfortunately I didn’t catch his name but when I check in requesting a key because my friend reached before me the front desk agent lied and said the key machine was down and he couldn’t give he the key I felt so embarrassed because I’m a paying customer. After 2 mins he said it’s working now i found that strange I told him the name on the reservation and for two persons. I will not be coming back because wasn’t much welcoming at all. The pool guy wasn’t nice either wow for a luxury hotel I expected at least friendliness

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Adam Reckert, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Hi J1982RGangieg

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave this feedback. It disappoints me greatly to hear you were unhappy with your visit to the hotel.

Unfortunately sometimes the machine can go down due to the occasional dip in the WiFi, but I'm very pleased to hear the team member was able to rectify this issue within a couple of minutes of your check-in. I'm also pleased to tell you Digital Key is being installed in the hotel which will allow you to access your room using your smartphone via the Hilton Honors app. This Contactless Experience is a part of Hilton CleanStay and our pledge to keep guests safe and reduce touchpoints during their stay.

I am sorry to hear about your experience in our LivingWell Health Club. This is something I will look into personally.

I do hope to welcome you back to restore your good faith in the hotel.