Reviews (2 039)
2 039 results
All reviews stayed here car park comedy store meal deal busy road old trafford minute walk main road all you can eat on site parking palace theatre free shuttle good nights sleep family room air con manchester city centre bars and restaurants
66 - 71 of 2 039 reviews
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Premier Inns have a reputation for consistent product type and service standard. Unfortunately, this three- night stay exposed some shortcomings. My room was not valeted the day after the first night; tea and coffee supplies were not renewed, and I found myself having to go to reception (no house phone in the rpom) at 6.30 AM to request loo paper, as the roll had run out. Front desk staff were always friendly and helpful, but housekeeping left something to be desired. It was also clear that the hoovering didn't extend as far as the skirting boards, where a noticeable build up of dust had developed.
We ate in the hotel restaurant on each of the three evenings, when the menu was invariably delivered with a verbal list of unavailable items, including, on the first evening, salad. How far was the nearest supermarket? The second evening was remarkable for the length of time for our meal to arrive - well over an hour. It had obviously been reheated on the plate, which did the chips no good at all. We were not charged for our desserts and coffees, which went some way towards mitigating the discomfort of the wait - hunger and fatigue after a gruelling day at the academic quarry face - but once again it was left to another staff member to try and rescue a situation which was fundamentally unacceptable. I can report that service on the third day was well up to standard. Please, Premier Inns, make it that way throughout the stay. We need to be able to rely on you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I came to premier inn with my Dad and my boyfriend for quite simply a nice relaxing night away from home. As we are frequent customers to many premier inns we thought we knew what to expect but this has to be the worst one by far we have stayed in.

We arrived at about 9pm and went straight down to grab some prepaid dinner. The women who seated us looked like the last place she wanted to be was there. She went over and placed the order to a gentleman who had arrived after us. We ordered dinner and the drinks took a very long time to arrive about 15 minutes after we had been seated which was frustrating. Our dinner came out in good time and the mixed grill was very lovely.

When it came to desserts, we had ordered 3 of the ultimate chocolate brownie sundaes, so it was to our surprise was when the dessert turned up as it didn't look like a sundae, I asked the women if they had ran out of the sundae and she said we had asked for the brownie. She kept saying that we ordered the brownie and that I had 'even pointed to the menu' which I didn't do at all, she did offer us to change it but I was quite offended that she'd passed her mistake onto us so I just said leave it. Even if she had thought that we ordered the brownie, she should of apologised. Very poor customer service.

Other bad things included:

- dirty toilet
- no flannels
- lack of towels in the room
- bed linen shoved under our bed
- no wifi that worked (even the ultimate one)

I will say however the service we got for breakfast was outstanding and the two ladies serving us was exactly what we wanted. Amazing food also!

But it's definitely a no from me to stay at this premier inn again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nikishilton
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Niki,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

I am disappointed to hear of the poor experience you had in our Thyme restaurant during your stay. We pride ourselves on the quality and service our restaurants provide and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion. The issues you experience certainly doesn't sound like the service we would expect.

I have ensured your feedback has been passed on to the Manager of the restaurant to look into with the team so that improvements can be made to prevent your experience being repeated.

In future, please do not hesitate to request to speak with a Duty Manager who will be happy to help whilst you are still in-house.

I'm also sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to the standard we would expect. Our House Keeping team complete a full service before every check-in and so should be fresh and clean when you arrive.

Please be assured I've passed your feedback on to the Manager of the hotel to look into with our House Keeping team to ensure our high standards are constantly being met and your experience is not repeated.

Once again I apologise for the disappointment caused and we hope your next stay with us is miles better!

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Temporary accommodation within the city centre of Manchester.

Visited here after a short break away in Mallorca whilst on route back home to ease the journey.  Due to its location, there is no free parking available for guests, so a £4 surcharge is made before you receive your key card (so long you provide your vehicle registration) which will cover you for a 24hr period; with the option to pay up front for the next morning's breakfast is offered, so what turned out a reasonable price at the time just took a vertical curve in cost.

Key card activated lift, then off up to your room...first impressions of the room, disgusting.

1. Stain/s on the headboard; what, I do not know?
2. Grubby white washed walls which are in need of a lick of paint.
3. Poorly stocked Tea & Coffee / refreshment "Bowl" (if that's what you want to call it?)
4. Mould within the silicone around the bath / shower.
5. A sink that hasn't been cleaned (residue from someone's shaving evident)
6. Dust evident on socket tops, back of desk mounted tv.
7. Damaged light fitting (first on left side of room as you enter)
8. Cobwebs evident within the corners of the dropped ceiling area.
9. An uncleaned main light fitting (why are overheads always missed)
10. Dust on top of padded headboard.

Tut tut tut Premier Inn, thought you took pride in appearance...seems inner city locations have a lazy approach to detail and cleanliness...the bed may be comfy, but the surroundings need kicking up the backside.

If there was a possibility of finding somewhere else close by, I would, but it's too short of notice; one night is too long.

P.S. this review was posted prior to spending the night...

Room 402

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaswanny

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

It's a shame to read of your disappointment with the prices for parking and breakfast and that the cleanliness of your room was far from our usual standards.

I've raised your comments to our Brand & Policy Team for their consideration regarding our charges and I've also sent this on to the Hotel Management. They'll be sure to follow this up with their Housekeeping Team and implement retraining so as to ensure all rooms are fully cleaned and checked prior to guests arriving.

We hope this hasn't put you off staying with us in future.

Kind Regards

Amy

Reviewed 12 June 2018

No complaints about this hotel. My room and the common areas were all clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was reasonably big, with a nice bathroom. It was well noise insulated, so I didn't hear anything from the major road right outside my window. The price was very reasonable. The location is good, quite close to a tram station and the main Chester Road dual carriageway.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com