“The GRAND Pacific is appropriately named!”
Review of Grand Pacific

Grand Pacific
Ranked #106 of 2 568 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our homage to the golden age of high society, where deep rhythmic baselines writhe through the air and sweet botanicals tantalise the senses. A mysterious exotic oasis splashed with eastern excitement and seasoned with echoes of empire. Open from 12 noon with a range of dining options all day, Grand Pacific very much looks forward to making your acquaintance.
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

As it was my sister-in-laws birthday the Grand Pacific emailed her with a £35 voucher for a bottle of wine. Absolutely beautiful, the meals were delicious. The young Greek lady that attended to us spoke with such politeness and excellent manners.The decor set the atmosphere. Looking forward to when we return.

Date of visit: November 2018
GrandPacificMcr, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there!
How lovely to read you enjoyed a birthday celebration with us, we're really delighted to have been a part of this!
We will definitely pass your comments onto Konstantina, she only joined us recently and surely will be happy to hear she is doing so well!
Thanks and see you again

Reviewed 12 November 2018

I expect that I am in the restaurant's target market: 30 year old city dweller out with my girlfriend. I had good expectations upon entering this really nice venue however my visit was disappointing.

They place loud dance music all night, throughout the restaurant which is just not what I want when I'm eating and trying to have a conversation.

When we arrived our table wasn't ready - which isn't the end of the world but is another thing on my list of criticisms - so we had a drink at the bar. They do all sorts of fancy cocktails but they don't seem to realise that when you give someone a beer a) they might want a glass rather than drink from the bottle and b) when you give them a glass for their cold beer the glass should not be hot! This was really poor bartending in a place that looks like it should do better.

The food was fine. Maybe a little expensive for what it was but only slightly so. The big shock was upon receiving the bill realising that the two small bottles of water we had cost £7.70! This is more than the cost of a beer per volume served. Yes I should have asked for tap water but those prices are a disgrace.

This place is in a really beautiful well decorated building, it could be fantastic but it's actually just a small step up from a wetherspoons.

Date of visit: November 2018
MichaelD11229, Manager at Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you liked the building - it is stunning and we are proud to be here.

I am sorry to hear your disappointments, we do host a lively atmosphere however the issues with the bar is something that I will be picking up with the team. We actually use frozen glasses for beer so this certainly should never happen!

To clarify on the water the prices quoted are inaccurate, I would be more than happy to look into this for you if you could email me on manchester@grandpacific.uk.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Michael

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Went last night the four of us booked a table for 645pm the place was packed and quite noisy.
We were seated promptly and the menu was varied. I had the fillet steak which was delicious and the chocolate fondant was to die for
Overall a fantastic meal really enjoyed it the service was excellent too
Only complaint was my starter of a prawn cocktail which was disappointing for the price
Would definitely return

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Super high tea

Excellent surroundings

Very good customer service

Really funky place!

Will be back! Thank you for a lovely afternoon:)

Date of visit: November 2018
GrandPacificMcr, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi there,

thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. it's lovely to read you had a great time!
See you again!

Reviewed 9 November 2018

We had a beautiful meal, lots of vegetarian options. The building is stunning. The service is excellent.
We will definitely return.

Hi there

Thanks for you kind words, it's a pleasure to read! We are very glad you enjoyed a selection of vegetarian options and had a great experience
See you when you're back!