“disappointed. do not go for set meal”
Review of Artisan

Artisan
Ranked #306 of 2 465 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

went for a special birthday family meal. forced to have set meal for £30 as 11 of us. no vegan options in this menu. would have had a similar experience eating fish and chips or macdonalds on a picnic bench in a multistory car park. on entry you are greated by dirty glass topped tables which had some plants/ herbs under the glass, which had obviously died and been removed but not replaced. No option on how the steak was cooked which was 1/2 cm thick and sticky toffee pudding topped both golden syrup. husband had lemon tart which had burnt pastry which wacking from a height could not break. told staff who said they had told the chef but they offered no apology or courtesy gesture. only positive is that service was quite quick and company was good. the staff also were attentive at filling up the iced water. hen parties abundant and probably enjoyed experience as quite pissed. in conclusion. good at selling things that don't cost such as water and friendliness. but definately not artisan!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 294)

5 - 9 of 1 294 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant following a long day at work. I found the staff both helpful and friendly. The menu, looked good. I had the rib eye steak my colleague had the salt and pepper ribs. Both arrived in good time and I must say the steak was perfect. The ribs, I did not try, but they were eaten without complaint. All in all a very nice place to be.

Abi N, Guest Relations Manager at Artisan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to review Artisan on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear you had a lovely meal with ourselves and had an overall great experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Abigayle Neighbour

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A party booking you are restricted to a set menu. There are 3 to choose from. We selected 3 courses for £30. The starters were ok. The main meals were a bit like school
Dinners. The steak was about 2 mm thick and served with chips. No vegetables in site! We were asked if we wanted sauces with the steaks. No mention they came in at an additional £2:50 each. The deserts were apple turnovers which although quite nice is hardly height restaurant standard. The lemons trays needed a drill to break the pastry. The surcharge of£ 40 was optional so we decided to tip instead. The meals that small groups had were of s far superior standard. Perhaps worth trying if 2-4 people. If you are in a large group then go some where else as it’s not worth the money. Far better value going to a pub styled eatery.

1  Thank lizscott4

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your comments. Here at Artisan we are always striving to improve all aspects of our offering and so your feedback will aide us with this.

Please would you be able to contact me on robertgilbert@artisan.uk.com to discuss further.

Kind regards,

Rob Gilbert

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for an early evening family meal and we were disappointed with the overall experience .
The waitresses we friendly enough however the over 2 hour period between starters and serving of the deserts was in my opinion excessive. .
Starter's were OK and tasty enough.
I had chicken ceaser salad for main and the portion size for the £12 price was extremely small, and the "chicken" was 3 half finger size pieces which were cold and dry.
A few of our party had pizza which were OK & at £11, reasonably priced
The chips that came with other meals were over cooked and hard.
The side green salad portion , which was an addition to other meals, was minuscule and at £4 was excessively priced.
The £5.50 ice cream served for desert was tasteless and of poor quality .
I would not recommend or return to this restaurant as the whole dining experience was extremely poor.

1  Thank dalglish07
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I dined here with my friend, and I have to say although the prices are okay, the food was just plain. I ordered chicken and chips and it was like friend KFC chicken and normal chips, but obviously more pricey. Don’t get me wrong it was nice, but it doesn’t compare to the wonderful decor inside the place.

1  Thank Anastasiadempsey