“Warm and Fuzzy”

Price range: US$19 - US$95
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine combines Pacific Rim flavours underpinned by European cooking tradition, a blend of Indonesian, Southeast Asian influences and Australia's strong ties with Japan also help determine the taste and style.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fourth visit, normally through work but now just as a couple. Consistently good atmosphere, food and service. They have the balance right. We got there early and sat at the bar and the bar staff were very engaging and articulate. Food was hot and tasty. A good benchmark for other restaurants .

Date of visit: November 2018
AustralasiaMcr, PA at Australasia Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,

Thankyou for writing this lovely review, it was a pleasure to read. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Kind regards,
Lacey

Write a ReviewReviews (3 938)

29 - 33 of 3 938 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on a Sunday afternoon as can never get a reservation for a Saturday evening. We had booked, but upon arriving it was obvious we hadn’t needed to. Service was outstanding, food fantastic (Rib Eye steak was amazing). Server went through the menu, how it works etc. Having visited lots of restaurants in Manchester, we didn’t think it was expensive, just on par with others. Decor was beautiful. All in all, a beautiful classy restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2018
AustralasiaMcr, PA at Australasia Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,

Thankyou for your positive feedback, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit.

I appreciate that it is tricky to get a table on a Saturday night, as we do fill up, up to 6 weeks in advance. Next time you would like to visit be sure to email me on manchesterpa@australasia.uk.com and I will be happy to help get you booked in.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

On arrival we were shown to a table right by the open door were the host was wearing a fur coat to keep warm. I kept my coat on and used two blankets to try and keep warm on the table we were allocated. We had arrived to dine so I asked to be moved to another table away from the open door blowing a gale on me. The other tables free were for 4 persons. The girl in the fur coat informed me the tables for 4 had to be kept free for over 2 customers wishing to dine. It was then noticed that these free tables were then used by groups of lads just drinking beers and not dining. We were eventually allowed to moved to a table for two that had come free further into the place that had been vacated but still the warmer tables of 4 were being allowed to be used just for drinks. The food wasn't anything to shout about and we were not looked after as a diner which spoilt my experience of the place. I will not be recommending this place to anyone. If your going to have rules as outlined to me , then don't allow the tables next me to be used by drinkers, which just sent a message that our custom was not important to them. A dining experience is as much about the service as it is about the food and we got very poorly treated.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Came here with a group of customers before a concert. Food was part of a set menu but was beautifully prepared and very very tasty. Staff were good, as were the cocktails beforehand. Try the kiwi dacquiri!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Bluerange35

Hello,

Thankyou for your great review, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Australasia, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Expensive but worth it! Oysters were amazing as a starter and I’d highly recommend the sea bream, the sauce was beautiful and reminded me of being in Thailand.

Hello,

Thankyou for your great review, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Australasia and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards