“Tasteful Lamb shank”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rusholme
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Manchester last week. Decided to try Beirut Lebanese place. Place is quite big although it was almost empty. Few guys enjoying champions league match with dinner. Had chops and lamb shank dishes. Lamb shank was amazing, good service. Nice place to eat.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The prices is very very expensive. It costs 80 £ for 3 dishes.. And the service is terrible.. I dont advice any person to go there and waste his/her money. The diserts are very epensive 5£ each. I ve been forced to order food i didnt like. The owner of the restaurants embarassed me to add some drinks Costs me 25 £ pounda. It was the worst eperiment ever .listen to my advice and avoid it..

BeirutMCR, Owner at Beirut Lebanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Sir, Ali A

thank you for taking the time for the First time and review us.

We are not happy to hear that From you which you haven't had the best food and service. First of all you called us and complained about our prices which you weren't happy with, when you wanted to pay. you have told us that our service it was good and the food was good too but not what you expected. I am also sure that no one of the staff is forcing people to order food '' it seems not right from your side to complain about something under your choice''.

I hope we make you more than happy for the next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Three of our party chose the buffet (one ate chicken sharwaama, which must have been good because they polished it off in five minutes flat). The buffet wasn't huge, but this meant everything was fresh, and hadn't been sitting around all evening; I could also try a little of everything without feeling I'd overdone it. I particularly enjoyed the salads, interesting flavours, fresh ingredients, really well seasoned, especially the aubergine which had taken on the smokiness of the (absent) bbq'd skin. The bread was beautiful, several varieties, which you could see being made by one of the chefs. The thyme bread was my favourite. The hot food wasn't the best part of the buffet, but that's not to say it wasn't good just not enough selection; I would have liked to have seen some barbequed fish perhaps, and a tagine with meat in it (our vegetarian was happy though). Dessert was remarkable - ganafah?, omali, rice pudding, pastries; I ordered an Arabic coffee as an excuse to eat even more baklava.

Service good, and not over-bearing. My only gripe was that the trip to the women's toilet took you through a door into a small corridor and up a flight of stairs and on my return, the door to the outside street (at the foot of the stairs) was open, and the restaurant door closed. It didn't feel very safe, and on a dark evening, it might even feel a bit dangerous.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

After reading all the 4 and 5 star reviews we decided to give the buffet at the Beirut a try. Plenty of choice but nothing special.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I loved the buffet, amazing price. Would recommend specially desserts. Staff are friendly and environment is romantic and calm.

1  Thank RubyyyS