“Better white than red”

Rosso Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosso Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 2 466 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$34 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in a Grade II Listed building, Rosso Restaurant Manchester presents fine Italian cuisine and exquisite wines in a magnificent and contemporary setting. Owned by Rio Ferdinand, Rosso has glamorous cocktails, regular live jazz and a cool celebrity crowd. Full of delicious dishes, the Rosso menu features fresh pasta, pizza and risotto, along with fine meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a better than average visit for a restaurant that, for me, has always promised more than it delivered. Gone are the red walls that used to dominate the room, and the now-white walls give a light, airy feel (helped by the very effective air con) and help to provide a nice atmosphere. The food still isn’t cheap, and evening the lunch menu isn’t dirt cheap. But it isn’t bad though: my mackerel starter was good, and the chicken fillet main course wasn’t bad, even if it was a bit plain and consisted mainly of just slices of chicken. The chocolate and caramel dessert was very nice. We got a bit ‘abandoned’ for a while, with no one apparently very willing to take orders for coffee or allow us to pay the bill, which was a surprise in a largely empty restaurant, but ultimately this place remains one of the most popular eateries in central Manchester.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 315)

14 - 18 of 3 315 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for a birthday and had a fab time. The food is quality and they have a great selection of beers/wines and spirits. The staff are all so lovely and happy to help with any special requests. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beutiful Day in Manchester ended up with a disapointment. Did not have to pay for the meal myself and would not come again if I had to. To many other options in the area. Meal was great, wine and service likewice, what I really do not understand is why they had to put live musik in there as well. If you pay this kind of money for a meal, I'd like a quiet place. That is why my rating is only average.

1  Thank Eric T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decided to try here for our WA meal. Read lots of good things so interested to try.
Welcoming smile as we entered. Modern, white interior.
Had a drink at the bar before our meal. Good choice of drinks available and more reasonable than I expected.
As for the food, then really good from start to finish. My scallops were excellent. Nice touch too to provide us with a WA dessert.
Service throughout was good too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Rosso on Saturday as we had been given a voucher as a gift. Jay behind the bar deserves credit for is cocktail making skills and he clearly loves his job. After excellent starters, soup & I had mackerel, the food standard dropped and left us feeling a bit disappointed. The restaurant is classy and you do feel that you're rubbing shoulders with Manchester's finest. My wife wanted to make a point of tipping the bar tender and discussed this with the girl on the desk as we were paying and emphasised the point, when we checked the receipt the following day she had still added the £6.50 service charge, even though we had made it clear we wanted to tip separately. £9.00 for a glass of house red & £12.00 for a martini is not matched by the standard of the food. Be a while before we rush back there.