“A hidden gem”
Review of Alston Bar & Beef

Alston Bar & Beef
Ranked #12 of 2 561 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$5 - US$83
Description: Alston Bar & Beef is located on Cathedral St by Manchester’s Corn Exchange and is the second restaurant we've launched after the success of the original Alston bar & beef in Glasgow. Our Tweed Valley beef comes from accredited farms in the Scottish Borders, each renowned for producing quality beef, full of flavour & tenderness. Our butcher's criteria is so refined that he only selects the top 1% of beef for Alston to ensure our customers can enjoy the best steak every time. Alston Bar & Beef also has a large selection of gins available at the bar, as well as a number of our very own gin infusions, each individually garnished and served to perfection.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Visited Alston Bar & Beef for the first time, what a lovely place. I felt very special with the superb service, but noticed the same standard of attention at all the tables.
Food was great, the beef done exactly as ordered,
Would certainly go again and recommend it to my friends,
Ps try a cocktail ! X

Lauren S, Manager at Alston Bar & Beef, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Christine, glad that you enjoyed your meal! Thank you so much for your recommendation, we really appreciate your kind words.

We'll look forward to seeing you again soon,

Alston MCR

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Really nice interiors with excellent choice of food and really tasty gin cocktails but I must say it’s little bit overpriced for what it is as I’ve been to higher standards restaurants and my bill wasn’t anywhere what I paid here. But still had a nice experience

Lauren S, Sales Manager at Alston Bar & Beef, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi Kristyna, thanks for your generally positive review! Delighted to hear you liked the interior, selection of food and gin cocktails! Price can always be very subjective and we fell that the price we charge for both our steaks and drinks is very competitive against our competitors, hope to see you again! Cheers Rik, GM

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We attended the restaurant for our sons 18th birthday. We booked for lunch and mixed the alacarte and set menu. The food and service was superb. Food was just lovely and the waiter was Uber polite. He was knowledgeable, friendly and offered service with a smile. My boy had the chateau Briand (£70) whilst my Mrs and I had the fixed menu at 3 courses for £18. Superb cuts, well cooked at an acceptable price. Would prefer mainstream beers and alcohol rather than funky labels but were nice anyway. Will return asap. Thanks for looking after our birthday boy!!

1  Thank Family-Timez

Hey there, it is great to hear that your son enjoyed his birthday meal!! Thank you so much for leaving us this review and letting us know. We hope that you will consider us for your next special occasion - and we hope that it comes soon!

Alston MCR

Reviewed 24 June 2018

So it’s a sunny Saturday afternoon. You’re in Manchester so why not go for a burger. It’s a nicely set up place downstairs in the Corn Exchange. Decor is good. Service is efficient. Food is good. Scallops to start and Pork belly for me. Wine was pleasant. Mains were burgers. And they were good. Really nice. But here’s the thing they’re £17 and they’re a burger. I’m not tight but it’s a burger even if it’s a nice one. And they also do that very annoying service charge thing. So in summary really good, but for me it’s paying over the odds. Good food though.

1  Thank Happy M

Good Afternoon Happy, thanks for taking the time to review us, really pleased to hear that in general you enjoyed your visit to us, I will definitely be taking on-board your comment about the price and will be discussing this in more detail when we review our pricing structure.

Thanks for taking the time to review us and hope to see you again on another sunny day?! :) Cheers Rik, GM

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Called in as it seemed to be quite a nice restaurant from the street , food was okay but what really got me was the price of a "Coke" the smallest Coke I have ever had was £2.20 for 200ml!! That's £1.10 per 100ml!! I was stunned!! Food was very expensive and not the best.... Staff were welcoming though....

1  Thank Stripester1972

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us, I have taken on-board your comments about the pricing and will be discussing this during our next price review, disappointed to hear that you didn't feel the food represented good value for money, may I ask what you ordered?

Cheers