Toll House Inn(Lancaster)
US$45
Travelodge
Reviews (1 485)
1 485 results
All reviewshot tubopen fireuniversity campusoutdoor jacuzziluxury suiteleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodlovely hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partylarge bathroombuffet stylebiscuitsreception staff
9 - 14 of 1 485 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having just completed a trip in small hotels we somewhat dreaded our visit to what visually externally appeared to be a system hotel. Far from it . Although we were upgraded from a classic double (and what an upgrade it was, a really large suite, VERY large bathroom etc) and many thanks for that, we are sure that our original room would have been more than adequate.
A good, well presented dinner, good breakfast buffet and attentive staff really what more do you need

Room Tip: Maybe worth paying for an upgraded room. the extra cost would seem to be worth it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger L
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Roger L,

Thank you for the 5* review.

I am pleased that we managed to turn your first impression round.

We certainly like to think that we are a friendly bunch and I am pleased that you think so too.

We hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We got married here 10 years ago, and came back to celebrate our 10th anniversary, the rooms with the double ended baths were perfect and the food was beautiful a lovely relaxing evening will definitely be back

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Ann B,

Happy Anniversary!

From the whole team here we are so pleased that you chose to come back to the hotel to celebrate your special day.

I do hope that we don't have to wait 10 years for your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Got sent here as part of a training week. The place was clean and friendly, the only thing that let it down was the food. Unfortunately being in such a big group meant we were always eating en masse, and sometimes the food was a little lacking.
Would recommend but perhaps more for a weekend than business based.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Alice C,

Thank you for posting your review on TA.

I am sorry to read that you found the food lacking. This, I must admit is contrary to the organiser of your event who has personally emailed myself with thanks. As this particular event is held with us several times a year for the last 10 years I'd certainly be grateful if you were able to elaborate on your findings to enable us to ensure we don't leave our guests feeling let down. If you would like to email my Guest Services Manager, Cherrie Hargreaves on guestservices.lancaster@englishlakes.co.uk she will be more than happy to receive your feedback.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here recently and will definitely be returning. It's a quiet hotel with friendly staff and decent food. The puddings from our meal on Friday night were a definite highlight - perfect rum baba and luscious cherry bakewell! We had a standard double room which was a comfortable size, with a large bed and firm mattress. There were events taking place both nights of our stay but we didn't hear any noise. A great place to stay for exploring Lancaster and the Morecambe Bay area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel P,

Thank you for the 5* review.

I am pleased to read that you both enjoyed some R&R. I must admit, I favour the Espresso Coffee Custard myself, but the Cherry Bakewell and Rum Baba are both good choices.

The team and I hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Getting to the hotel is easy as it is situated just outside of the university campus. Check in was speedy, with attentive staff, though I wish they had given a bit more information about the stay, for example check-out times and in-room dining. The restaurant areas and conference centre is well away from the residential areas, which make these very quiet throughout the day. Rooms are descent in size, with a large double bed (which I figure can be configured as two twin beds), shower with bath, two desks (which is perfect for sharing the room with someone else) and some extra space for a seat and a coffee table.

There is no central heating in the room, though it does have a fan unit and a wall heater opposite to the bed. The bathroom remains relatively warm, this is due to a heated towel rack under the sink, which yes, is very hot. Though the hotel is old and rooms are slightly aged—this is notable because of the shower dial and the turn dial safe—it is well maintained with clean carpeting, a comfortable bed and two very soft pillows. Lighting is also sufficient, which make the room perfect for working.

Breakfast is very good, with ample choice for this price point, with self serving English breakfast options, a few cereals and some fruits. I recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay overnight or going for conference or meetings at the university. I rate it 4 stars out of five because of dated room (however minor) and also specific items on the room service menu. I was turned away from ordering room service as I did not find many items that would have been comfortably eaten in the room, albeit good for restaurant dining in. Also, a lack of communication by the front desk detailing which items could be ordered, certain items stop serving in late evenings. There could be a clearer, room service only menu in the info pack, which includes menu items from both restaurants with availability times.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear EarlKing,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TA.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit. We will take on board your feedback regarding the Room Service options and this is something that we will use when we come to look at new menus.

You haven't mentioned the Health Club, perhaps if we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel you'll have a chance to give them a try?

Best Regards