Junerain Spa & Treatment Clinic
Not great but ok (ish)

Reviewed 22 June 2017
Sapphire2829
via mobile
Everything technically there but lack of care is evident !

When you enter the spa you could be forgiven for not knowing it was one. There are two large racks... read more

Reviewed 17 April 2018
oriane89
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I have had a lot of massages and this did not sadly live up to a good one. The girl was lovely and I felt sorry for her but I genuinely did not leave feeling relaxed in anyway.

Firstly I bought a groupon so I'm not sure if this is why the service was not the best. When I booked the voucher initially the lady on the phone asked me to hang on and she proceeded to book another person in for a wax, I could hear word for word the conversation which I'm sure the other customer would not have liked.

Anyway fast forward to the appointment, I arrived and both staff were friendly, the premises were clean and tidy. I was shown the room and left to get unchanged, all is fine until the massage, the girl poured oil on me and the massage was more like stroking than a massage, parts of it were ok such as the end part and she did ask me about pressure, however when I wanted more it didn't feel much deeper, although I think she did try, I laid there for the 40 minutes feeling uncomfortable mostly and thinking about what i needed to do at home, the exfoliation was better, although a bit rough with the towel, this was fine. When I was left to get dressed I was asked about a glass of water and this didn't arrive but when I went to leave it was on the reception desk, which is a bit weird but I had a sip and there was no bye or thank you or any acknowledgement it felt like they'd used the groupon and now it was time to go! I would not book again as apparently the treatment I had was worth £55 I would go elsewhere!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I was thoroughly disappointed with the spa. The management was poor and unhelpful. When calling up to book treatments from a Groupon voucher, I enquired about the cost of an additional treatment- she listed a whole host of unnecessary prices and when I said I would check with my friend, she said that I had to book or 'no, can't do it'- completely misunderstanding what I was doing and lacking any sales skills to bring me back or be flexible. On the day, she said I needed the security code which I believed I had already sent her- in my email I had provided a different code on the voucher. No one had emailed me to correct me and I had booked it over a month in advance. I became flustered and tried to find the email on my phone but the Internet was poor and when asked for the WiFi for quicker service, she was clearly unimpressed and reluctant . As I searched for the email using my friends data instead, she kept huffing and puffing. I politely asked if it would be better if I book for another weekend instead, she said that if I did I would have to pay for the hour she had booked out for me now. I was never informed of this and the spa was completely empty bar 1 person who was just finishing up. Her justification was 'well this is a business.' The spa itself was small and cramped, my friend and I had to have our treatments in the same room. I have never felt so unwelcome and agitated. I got that impression on the phone before hand and then in person. I needed the massage just to get over encountering her. She then proceeded to tell me how I had changed the person I was attending with which was completely unnecessary particularly as that was my ex now. Very unprofessional and unwelcoming. Will not be recommending to friends and will not be returning.

Date of experience: March 2017
3  Thank VictoriaJEP
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Have just returned from a visit to Junerain having received a groupon voucher as a gift. Both my wife and myself had a hot stone massage followed by full body exfoliation. The place was easy to find and we were able to park right outside. The reception was clean and tidy and the staff welcoming after filling out a form we were shown into a treatment room again clean and tidy. The girls giving the treatment were very good and we both had a lovely relaxing time, we would definitely return.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017

It was mine and my boyfriends first time here - we used a groupon voucher for a couples hot stone and exfoliation. It was amazing - the girls were lovely and kept checking if we liked the pressure/temperature etc. I have had loads of massages before, but the girl who carried out my massage (young, brown/blonde hair) was amazing. I don't normally write reviews, but felt the need to as this was one of the best I have had - to me this massage was equally as good, if not better as ones that cost 2-3x as much. Only a 5 minute walk from our house, so will be returning very soon I am sure Thanks girls!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Bought myself a "Groupon" voucher and what a find!! Donna was an excellent host and her Swedish Massage has to be one of the best. I will returning to Jurerain Spa very soon as their deals are fantastic. Would highly recommend you give this little gem a try.

Date of experience: February 2017