All reviews gift voucher afternoon tea four poster bed birthday party town centre full english both mornings lovely room short break an evening meal stayed for one night venue
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This was a Xmas gift with a voucher. Hotel has nice features but a little tired and grubby in places. Room was not the cleanest I've ever stayed in but by no means awful. Dust n crumbs behind things that clearly aren't pulled out. Probably best not to look but I dropped an earring so did! The sheets n towels were clean. Dust along the wooden bath trim. Wasn't a double bed but two singles pushed together and very firm mattresses. Breakfast was not great, full English first day was cold so they brought us hot fresh ones but nothing outstanding. They had cups but no saucers. They had bread in baskets with lids, some was pre-cut and chunky loaves you cut yourself, however I didn't want this as there was no serviette to put over the bread, therefore a mans big hand grabbing hold of the bread whilst he sliced totally put me off- how many hands had handled the loaf before him I wonder? Next day had poached egg on toast, looked good but warm not hot and really soggy bread where two much water had been spooned on with the egg. My husband had a bacon muffin, that was good. So I had cereal but had to ask for a bowl as none readily available. Also fresh croissants, personally I'd stick with continental. Lots of guests left food and also first day tables not cleared. Thought breakfast was a really easy meal but this was very disjointed. Didn't try any other meals there. Drinks reasonably priced for a hotel. Great location, only ten minutes stroll to the town with lots of eateries and shops. Staff friendly and helpful. Car park was full so we parked on the road and saved £5 a night. Really think a bit of a spruce up and a better breakfast organisation it would be a super little hotel. Very warm room but we used the fan provided in the wardrobe. Didn't help that the heated towel rail was pumping out heat 24/7. Also taps not labelled hot and cold and hot water coming out of both! Was provided with a bottle of water, maybe because perhaps the tap water wasn't drinking and hot! I'd stay again if they gave the place some TLC as has potential and great location.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet all your expectations. Those concerns raised by yourself will be looked into.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We chose the Episode for a last-minute overnight getaway to Leamington and got a great deal on the room. Our room was in the attic with a quirky sloping ceiling and velux window, the bathroom was all angles, which was fun! Slightly unfortunately, it was very stuffy and hot that night - we left the window open to start with, but there was too much traffic noise so closed it, which made for an uncomfortably sticky night. Perhaps the hotel could provide electric fans for the top rooms? We had an excellent meal in the very pretty restaurant and enjoyed drinks on the outside terrace in the sun. The staff were unfailingly pleasant, even when computer glitches meant that our check-out was a bit chaotic (apparently they had been struck by lightning the week before!) Overall a thoroughly enjoyable overnighter in an excellent location.

Room Tip: If it's hot, better to have a lower floor room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen R

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased your overall stay was an enjoyable one. Our restaurant food has now been improved and I can see from comments such as yours reflecting that.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I was hoping to use this hotel as a base for my walking holiday business but after what I considered to be a very positive phone call the failed to have the courtesy to respond to two separate emails. If you chose this hotel I can only hope that they will treat you better

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DogWalkingHolidays

I am sorry to hear we did not respond to your request.. I am aware of your inquiry and will talk to those who failed to get back to you..
We are a friendly dog hotel so your holiday with your 4 legged friends would have been more than welcome.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Turned up late afternoon on Saturday and found there was plenty of parking in the limited number of spaces car park. We also found out there is a £5 parking charge which could encourage people to park on the road which is free.

The reception was manned and check in on our overnight voucher was straightforward. We were roomed at the top of the hotel which was really warm being a hot day (24C). The room was a pleasant surprise with a full king size double bed. Mattress was really soft but turned out to be very comfortable. The en-suite facilities were also good size though the toilet seat was either loose or broken. Only one towel is provided between two guests so we did call for extra towels which were delivered promptly to our room.

Our overnight voucher included evening meal. There is a voucher menu that listed what was available with the voucher and what could be made available (like steaks) for a supplement charge. The voucher covered two courses. The food was really tasty, we had the full three courses (so extra charges incurred) and the food was really tasty. Portion size in adequate, not large but quality is very good. The service in both the bar and the dining room from the ladies serving that evening was exceptional. Nothing was any trouble, the menu was explained and special needs catered to and all with a smile, engaging manner and enthusiasm.

The room did remain very warm overnight as the window only had limited opening on the top pane. The hotel was far from full so I'd recommend guests be put into lower floors when space is available on particularly hot days and hot nights. But, for a three star hotel its a five star service.

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor room if possible to aid ventilation
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry G

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Your kind comments are much appreciated especially regarding the staff.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

My friend and I only stayed here overnight and I wish it had been longer. Spacious room with a great and wonderfully clean bathroom. The shower was just great with no fiddling around with taps etc to make it work. AND fluffy white towels ....just bliss.
The staff were very friendly too and went out of their way to ensure we had a good stay.
The breakfast was adequate but slightly disappointing as it did not live up to the rest of the facilities but to be honest I am just nit picking now.
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and will definitely stay here again when I can

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your kind comments are much appreciated. And yes stay longer next time.