“Great bagels and coffee”
Review of The Steamhouse

The Steamhouse
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Description: The Steamhouse is a deli style bagel shop selling incredible coffee, hand rolled, freshly baked bagels & really good filled & ring doughnuts. Perfect to take away or stay & enjoy our bluesy soundtrack in store.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I come here about twice a week, and the staff always remember my order. Great coffee, service, and a can do attitude. The everything bagel is fantastic but they don’t have it every day - why?!?!? Mcdonalds doesn’t pull the Big Mac on a Thursday. Sort it out Steamhouse!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Expect to pay about £6 for a filled bagel and tortilla chips. But they know theyre doing. High quality bagels. Yum.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Went to the steamhouse on my lunch break and it did not disappoint. The bagel was full the brim and the donut was gorgeous! Will be back very soon and taking some Scottish visitors with me!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Having previously reviewed the Steamhouse where I had the impression it was hugely overrated,
I received an in depth response. This response hoped I would return and have a better experience -
So I tried.

This time I opted for an El Diablo, a meat based bagel and chose a seseme variety.
I waited once again 25 minutes from finishing ordering to receiving my bagel, but which time my coffee was cold.
The bagel was very average once again and totally disappointing. Stuffed full of “leaves” as they say and hardly any filling at all left me needing to visit elsewhere on my lunch.
I won’t be returning again.

Steamhouse, Owner at The Steamhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hi Michellegrier,

Leaf it out, another 1 star review from you!
Unfortunately though, we do not sell the El diablo bagel and have not done so for about 18 months now, if you would like to see our menu of bagels we do sell please feel free to look at our website www.steamhousebagels.co.uk

I do however agree with you on your final statement, maybe we are not the eatery for you.

Many thanks

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Me and my partner went here for lunch.

The restaurant is really small about maybe 8 covers inside.

The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable.

I ordered off the special which was called blue on seeded bagel (had blue cheese and beef) and my partner ordered the Italian on a white bagel - I was offered a choice of dips with the nachos.

Both bagels came out with nachos which was included in the price but found out afterwards the dips were extra which wasn't really explained at the time of ordering.

The bagels were very tasty and filling.

We only spent about 30 mins here but it was nice and the restaurant is cosy.