All reviewspub next doorphantom wingerwalk in showershort staythe pubdouble glazingplenty of parkingeasy accesscomfortable bedthe ground floorgood sizetea coffeecar parkan overnight staystayed here for one nightlake districtbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Chose this hotel as it was close to the M way, dog friendly and close to the dog show we were attending. My expectations were low as it was very cheap and I thought ibis hotels were supposed to lower grade, how wrong! Check in took literally seconds with a very polite and smiley young man, the room proportions were good, the shower was better than most I’ve used in 4 & 5* hotels. The breakfast was fresh with plenty of variety the coffee good and there was an area you could eat and have your dog with you so that me and my husband could eat at the same time instead of shifts as at other hotels we’ve stayed in with our dog. Check out was equally quick and efficient with a different, polite and smiley young man. I will look for Ibis hotels in the future and there were a few other people in the hotel today that were saying the same!

Room Tip: Not facing the M6 is no doubt quieter but the hotel leaves ear plugs next to the bed, nice touch.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Glen A, Team Leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Linda_Laleston,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that the hotel overall exceeded your expectations. Your comments on the team being "efficient, polite and smiley" were lovely to read. It was great to read that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and that you and your husband were able to dine together. I am sure you will find the same high standards in all Ibis hotels.

I hope to welcome you back to Ibis Preston soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Quite a nice hotel this .Bit of a job to find, Sat Nav led a wild goose chase but got there in the end.
We are holders of an accor silver card which I believe entitles us to a free drink and early access to our room .
Nothing was said about this though.
A good clean room with twin beds ,windows a bit difficult to close .
Very near to the M6 motorway, so the noise was a bit loud.
Found out that breakfast was £8.95 each ,a bit expensive but we found that going next door to the large Pub we could get a full English for £3.45 each.
Stayed two nights at the hotel.
Staff were warm and friendly and we had a good time

Room Tip: shut the windows
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Spud C

Dear Spud C,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback, I am pleased that you thought the hotel was nice, I appreciate it can be a little difficult to locate, we have asked the council to trim back the trees to improve the viability of the road sign. As a Sliver member you should of received the welcome drink voucher in the same pack as your key card, I am sorry if this was not the case, been a Sliver member entities you to free late check out on request but the early check is only covered by a Gold and Platinum membership.
The breakfast at the hotel is the standard Ibis buffet breakfast and offers multiple choices which is why it is more expensive than the plated meal offered at the pub. I am pleased that you found the team "warm and friendly".

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Very easy to reach from the motorway, check in quick and efficient, hotel rooms spotless and beds very comfortable, no external noise when in the room. Cannot comment on the food as we are at the restaurant next door. Large free car park. Dogs are very welcome

Room Tip: All rooms are very well soundproof and lift to upper floors
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Normasavory.

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that you received a quick, efficient check in and out. It was great to read that you found the beds very comfortable and your room spotless. I will share your comments with the team, who will appreciate them.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

It was clean but very basic and very tired looking- could benefit from an internal facelift and new beds. Difficult to get the heating at a constant comfortable level, either too hot or too cold. Staff were very nice and friendly though. Wouldn’t stay here again however.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Glen A, Team Leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Carole616,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found the room clean and all the team "very nice and friendly". The hotel is currently being painted and after this work is complete, we hope to begin having new carpets installed. The "Ibis Sweetbed's" are actually relatively new, they usually receive high praise for being comfortable. I am sorry you found the heating difficult to regulate, I am sure with the help of the team, we could of get this right for you.

We hope you change your mind and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Such a great stay very comfortable with such friendly staff especially James who was always willing to help. James always had a smile and nothing was to much for him to help with. Peter the chef did such a great job with the breakfast. I'd definitely choose ibid again Thank you.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs S Calver,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am really pleased that you had a great and comfortable stay with us. Your comments on the team been lovely, where really nice to read, I will pass your kind comments on to all the team, especially James and Peter.

On behalf of all the team, we look forward to your return.