“Excellent venue for a get together with friends....”

Mediterranean at The Sparling
Ranked #36 of 603 Restaurants in Preston
Price range: US$21 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited this superb restaurant mid week for an evening meal with four friends. We chose from the "Daily Market Menu" which offered 2 courses for £15.50 or 3 courses for £18.50. We all went for the 3 course option.
Three of us had the deep fried breaded mushrooms which were piping hot and served with a tasty garlic mayo dip and the other two had the pate which was very well received. One of my friends requires a gluten free meal and she said that the choices were very good.
For the mains three of us had the Chicken Souvlaki which was excellent. There were two decent sized skewers with chicken and Mediterranean vegetables and an array of accompaniments. One of us had the liver and onions and one of us had the ravioli, both of which looked delicious and were thoroughly enjoyed.
For dessert three of us had the creme brulee. I always choose this dessert if available and quite often it can be hit or miss. This one was definitely a hit and probably the best I have had so far. One of us had the Tiramisu and one had the sticky toffee pudding which were also thoroughly enjoyed.
At around £25 each including drinks we felt that the meal was well worth the money and added to this was wonderful service and lovely surroundings. Who could ask for more? We will definitely be back. Thank you Sparling for a very enjoyable evening!!

1  Thank dg57
Write a ReviewReviews (1 152)

7 - 11 of 1 153 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well we were on our way to Barton Grange Hotel for a bite to eat and a cold beer on a hot summer evening only to be diverted by a “prom” at the hotel. So in and out of the car park and across the road to The Sparling.

New menu in place since we last visited- which at first was a shock. However we persevered and ordered from the tapas menu and two cold beers.

What a sheer delight.

Great food, lovely service and such a nice change.

We’ll be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Last visit here was disappointing but so glad we gave the new management a try.

Service was swift and professional and the food was all delicious. We ate off the Sunday lunch menu which was great value.

Looking forward to visiting again and sampling their tapas menu.

1  Thank jlogan1302
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nestled in the leafy surburbs, the Sparling is conveniently located on the A6, between Preston and Lancaster.
Having recently changed hands I went first with my husband and son on a Saturday evening- primarily because it was close and I had promised we would go out for a treat. Well a treat it was! A culinary delight with excellent service and a delightful ambience.
My lobster Ravioli, wow! The Pasta - well the best pasta I have had outside of rural Italy, and the sauce - rich buttery and every mouthful a moment of ecstasy!
So impressed I was with my choice, I persuaded a friend to join me on the Monday lunch time, where I ordered the ravioli again, allowing me to repeat my sheer joy and delight with every morsel!
To put things into context, and elaborate just how highly and confidently I can recommend this restaurant, my friend booked a table there and then and wasn’t disappointed!!

1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night. Food was great. Surroundings excellent. Staff were brilliant.

We will certainly be back.

Thanks again,