“Lovely cottage and fantastic location, perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Riverside Cottage

Living/dining room Living/dining room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master bedroom
Master bedroom in the day
Second bedroom
Luxury bathroom
Kitchen
Front of cottage...in winter (summer photo to follow!)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Becky B
Well, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage and fantastic location, perfect for our family break.”
Reviewed 17 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We had a fantastic short break in this cottage. A last minute booking and they accommodated us very nicely. The cottage was perfectly clean and suited our needs with 2 small children and a dog. The location was fantastic, a nice quiet street but central to Tewkesbury and the river. A lovely area of the country to visit, thank you for having us.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jillyponi...
Port St Mary, United Kingdom
“Nice house and stay but shame about our deposit!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed at this little house over the christmas period last year - have been leaving it to make a review as I have been trying to get my deposit back from Trip Advisor.
After several attempts and them saying they would contact the owners I am a bit fed up with it all.

The house was fine and we squeezed an old lady and our two girls into it. It is very convenient to Tewkesbury High Street.

Our parents live in Bredon and we would have stayed again but we won't be because our deposit wasn't returned. Shame.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
26 Jun 2015
I did respond via trip advisor back in January as to why you're deposit wasn't returned so apologies this hasn't been sent back to you. Firstly extra guests were added which we usually charge for as it creates extra cleaning an washing for us. I was surprised that a bed from upstairs was moved down into the living room and had to enlisted an extra person to come and help move it back to where it should have been therefore costing more than normal. If you had left the property how you had found it then I wouldn't have had to keep your deposit.
AKC2014
Belper, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Lovely cottage in a quiet location only a few metres from the river. Also very handy for town centre shops bars and restaurants. Tewkesbury is a lovely town and we will definately be making a return visit.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
loudel201...
Deeside
“Needs a good clean feels like student accomodation”
Reviewed 10 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this for my parents, my partner and I, we stayed Friday to Monday.
We have booked lots of holiday rentals and I must say this is the first one I have been really disappointed with.
The kitchen was covered in ants, I know they can infest anywhere however there was so many of them, they had not recently arrived. The utensils and kitchenware seemed it had all been purchased from the car boot it was all old and second-hand giving the whole place had a student feeling. Luckily enough we didn't have the children with us so we ate out most of the time. I wouldn't have liked cooking in there.
The living room was fine and there was Wi-Fi which you don't normally get.
The bathroom was also ok however the shower door wouldn't shut so it was very difficult to shower and again it needed a good clean.
The beds themselves were comfortable but the pillows were awful which we found strange to have such a good and bad combination. We went to the local shops and bought some new pillows after the first night. Again the bedrooms also needed a good clean. The blinds were covered in thick dust and there were cobwebs all over the windows.
I must say though the location is fantastic.
We also visited the pub next door but one the 'Tudor Hotel' and the food was fantastic. The service was also impeccable.
When we arrived home I emailed the manager of this property to raise the concerns and the response was a little poor. They confirmed they give the property a good clean every 3 months and that it had only just been done. Which I found a bit odd, why would you have so many people in and out of a property and wait for three months to clean it ??? No wonder it was dirty.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: It was dirty
Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
11 May 2015
Firstly apologies again that you were not happy with our property. I didn’t know anything about the ants, we would have certainly dealt with them if we had known. What a shame you didn’t contact me during your stay, I only live 5 minutes away so could have come and put some ant powder down.
The kitchenware and utensils belonged to the lady who owned the property we bought it off, as they were all in good condition and although a little dated we didn’t think it would matter a great deal. It seems churlish to bin them in order to by brand new crockery. Nobody else has ever complained about this.
The shower door had some rubber which had come lose so was easily fixed. Again if you had called me I would have come and sorted this and if it hadn’t been something I could have fixed I would have arranged for a professional to look at it.
Again I am sorry you weren’t happy with the pillows. We have always had very good feedback about our beds/bedding.
You misunderstood what I meant about cleaning every 3 months. We obviously clean after each guest but due to the quick turn around of guests sometimes there isn’t time to do a deep clean so we schedule this in every 2-3 months. Following your message which we do appreciate we have now had a deep clean done and will factor these in more regularly when we can.
Robscouse
“Check the shower head. Its flimsy. Ignore the neighbours”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

House was nice. Warm and cosy.
However I paid 20 pound back cos the shower head fell out my colleagues hand. They charge you for accidental damage.
And I was charged another 15. For a cleaner to take the bin out.
Still haven't received the remainder of the deposit she owes me.
Not holding my breath like. After I give this review. She can have it.
All that besides. If you like the outdoors it's great. And local amenities are all there.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing