“Awful. Go anywhere else. Anywhere.”

Showcase Cinema Walsall
Ranked #15 of 16 Fun & Games in Walsall
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Our family usually go to a different cinema, but we couldn't make the show times there. We hadn't been to The Showcase for years. Crikey - it's changed for the worse, and the prices are still outrageous. I can't imagine why anyone would buy food, sweets or drink there.
We bought our tickets and the only change from last time we went there was that we were allocated particular seats. The woman gave us the tickets and said that if we didn't like the seats we'd been given, we could sit elsewhere if there were free seats.
When we went in, there were rows of the normal seats which are dusty and dirty or a few rows of luxury seats at the back (just like the ones that you get for normal price at other cinemas). They looked so out of place, we assumed that they were in the process of replacing the awful ones, so we sat at the back. There wasn't more than 10 people in the whole place.
Just as the film was starting a steward came and told us that if we hadn't got tickets for the 'VIP section' we'd have to move to the awful seats (he didn't say 'the awful seats' btw). My 90 year old Mum was with us, so we all went to our allocated seats. The awful seats were even more awful when you sit on them - no padding, you could feel every spring, sticky. Disgusting.
I was furious and went into reception. There were two Managers just hanging around (I reckon it was because the normal staff were sick of having to deal with complaints) and I told them what had happened. They said that unless we paid a £1.50 supplement each, then we couldn't sit in the VIP chairs. I said "so basically, we have to pay £1.50 each to get a chair that isn't broken, even though the theatre is empty?" They said yes. I told them that I had my 90 year old Mother with us and there was no way that I was going to make her sit in a chair that you could feel the springs through and were disgustingly sticky. We were going to sit in the VIP chairs and that they'd need to bring people with them to carry us out if they objected.
We sat in them for the whole film. Everyone else was saying the same thing.
I'm surprised they have any customers at all.
Truly awful.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This cinema is out dated the car is fully of puddles and holes the seats are two soft and poor choice food.
I would go to other cinema next time

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We came here as our usual Odeon wasn't showing this film.
I was shocked by the prices but didn't mind paying over the odds to choose our seats.
The cinemas has gone downhill since the last time we came a few years ago.
The food was over priced and inedible.
The toilets where absolutely disgusting and smelt horrendous.
The seats we sat in were uncomfortable, Tatty and rocked.
Needless to say we won't be back.

1  Thank sharon m
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Very impressed. The cinema is lit up like something out of Vegas. It’s massive with at least 10 films showing. You can get. A free insider card which enables you to buy tickets cheaper.
There was only one member of staff selling the food and drink with at least 6 customers in the queue! I was worried we would miss the start of the film
Food and snacks/drinks are very expensive which can make it an expensive night. Really comfortable seating the right temperature and good sound system