“Totally shocked”
Review of Harris + Hoole

Harris + Hoole
Ranked #31 of 45 Quick Bites in Watford
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just had the worst Cappuccino ever, badly made and atrociously presented. Staff clearly need retraining as this was an appalling example of how to get something so simple so wrong.
What a waste of money, sadly back in car before lid came off to reveal the disaster.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I find this cafe a little expensive, but it is convenient and great for a little treat. I took my three-year-old and we had a good snack break. I highly recommend the real cheese toasty. Little one had a sandwich and decorated her own gingerbread man. Always busy here so get in early. Comfy seats plenty of highchairs if you need them. Good for families before or after doing your tesco shop.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Had a very nice coffee at the Harris and Hoole coffee shop in the Tesco Extra superstore in Watford. However my toasted Brie sandwich and cranberry was not so good: the Brie was not ripe and thus left a slightly unpleasant aftertaste.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Have been here quite a few times since it opened and found the staff working here pleasant and friendly. Today was no exception. I accidentally broke a cup and their response was both professional and considerate (e.g. a young man). I was very impressed. Thanks, Harris and Hoole ...... and sorry!

Despite being in a busy shop, I generally find the cafe quite a relaxing place to stop for a while. And it's a good place to visit when shopping in Tesco, though mind you don't exceed the permitted parking time!

I had a vegetarian flatbread, which was tasty, though a little hot/spicy. I would have it again. A wider choice of vegetarian food would be appreciated, if anyone's considering what to offer in future. (There have been different things available in the past here.) I also had rooibos (redbush) tea, which I enjoyed without milk.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a quick drink and cake only to be told that they could only serve us if we paid by card as they ran out of change
Scone was nice but no cream and jam in a tube
Chai latte was so small and at £2.70 expected Bette than the size of a kids cup
Tables filthy covered in food left over
Never again
Don't waste your time going much better coffee shops out there and they have change

Date of visit: August 2017