“Extremely poor customer service”

Viento Coffee Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Watford
Description: Viento is an artisan coffee roaster based in Watford, Hertfordshire. We source some of the tastiest coffee from around the world, using only 100% arabica beans. ​ We are extremely passionate about producing great tasting coffee and are always here to help guide you and find the right tools and techniques to brew the perfect cup of coffee for your business or home. All our Coffees are available as beans, or freshly ground for cafetiere, filter, espresso, French press or Turkish coffee.
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I recently moved to the area and already have been a regular customer at Viento to relax and do some work since I don’t have WiFi at home yet and being a student I work better in a coffee shop environment.

Today, as I was ordering a hot chocolate I was rudely interupted by the manager or owner, who very impolitely told me that before anything, he’d seen me over the weekend and had spent more than 3 hours using “my electricity”. He said he had to turn customers away because of it, but I didn’t see any customers come in and leave straight away. I intentionally sat in the corner to make sure other people had space to also sit down. Then he said he won’t serve be able to me anymore if I continue this way, and I replied I would go somewhere else instead.

Being a paying customer, I was really shocked and angry at this rude encounter. I have never been treated in this way as a customer. So many people work from cafes in and around London. If you walk into any coffee shop in London it’s full of people on laptops using the complentary WiFi and electricity. I only live a few seconds from there so it’s a shame that Viento’s customer service isn’t matched up to their good coffee. I support local coffee shops and businesses but myself and the rest of my family will no longer be going to Viento and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Having visited both coffee shops that make the claim selling the best coffee in town, for me this most certainly was the best coffee I've had in Watford. Friendly staff. I like the fact that Viento roasts there one beans. I do hope the beans in the windows are for display purposes only, as displaying coffee beans openly and in direct contact with sunlight will destroy their quality.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

This is a cosy little coffee house, where the owner's passion for coffee is apparent. There are coffees available from India, El Salvador, Guatemala, Vietnam and more, as well the the more traditional varieties.

The Viento roast their beans themselves - we went in to buy some, but couldn't help sitting down to have a coffee and to relax in the welcoming atmosphere of the shop.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely coffee. Always something good in the hopper. Good service and good prices. I’m now a regular 10/10

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Possible the best coffee we've had in a long time. Definitely worth trying if you are a coffee lover.