Reviews (1 854)
1 854 results
All reviews two double beds good size swimming pool room was large steam room channel tunnel weekend break breakfast was excellent evening meal one night stay plenty of parking family room good nights sleep leisure facilities gym motorway france
23 - 28 of 1 854 reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Pros: Real family room. Spacious & slept 5 of us comfortably.
Solid Diamond discount on nice dinner, pleasant breakfast spread. Delightful staff.

Cons:
Requested quiet room on reservation months in advance, Diamond status, was disappointed to be a couple doors away from the pool & gym. Hallway noise was more noticeable because there's no central HVAC noise.
Property is tired, needs updating or downgrade to lower Hilton flavor to avoid erroding core brand
Pool area closes to kids rather early, and there was a swim lesson clearly for locals during the last bit of kid swim time. Spacious family rooms doesn't match with such early end of kid in pool. Consider extending to later for teens or 10+?

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear PeoriaArizona

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that overall there were a number of aspects that you enjoyed about your stay with us but I would like to apologise for the shortfalls experienced.

My apologies that you did not receive a quiet room. We do do our best to ensure that requests are met and I am confident that our team would have tried to ensure you had the quietest room that we had available. My apologies that in the end we were not able to provide this to you.

We are constantly updating our hotel and we have completed a number of projects in the last year to update our hotel including a large refurbishment of our meeting rooms, brand new gym equipment, and redecorating our bathrooms. We are also in the process of redecorating a number of our bedrooms and I am confident that should you choose to stay with us again you will be able to see the improvements we are making.

With regards to the pool closure, Mondays to Thursdays the pool after 7.30pm is adult only to allow our members and guests to enjoy time in the pool. At the weekend, the pool is available until closing for the children. I hope this helps for the future.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend , honestly say the whole hotel is shabby and dirty . Staff had no personalities. The girl on reception thought she was a lot better then what she was a complete attitude problem n persona . Accused of smoking with staff knocking on the door . Deeply disappointed as there was no smoking and obviously hoping to dish out a fine . It was creepy . Staff give you dirty looks like. Look like the type to spit in your food. They run out of shot glasses and had to give me a wine glass . Room service 1 hour . Food revolting sent back but will say manager was ok seem quite fair so go to a travel lodge as this not worth the stay or visit!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Gina27xx

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay. All feedback is valuable to us and I can only apologise for the issues experienced. Please be assured that this is not the standard of service we provide to our guests and I will ensure your feedback is shared with all teams for retraining to be provided.

I understand that we have left you with a negative impression of our hotel and should you wish to take this further please feel free to contact either myself or our Deputy Manager on Maidstone_info@hilton.com

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope that we will welcome you back in the future and be able to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We had a family meal, table for 10 persons so quite a selection of starters and mains. The service was adequate most of the time, but the food was variable.

Some mains were OK although not quite as expected from the description, and some were poor. The chicken and leak pie was like a supermarket purchase pie upturned on the plate. Not restaurant cooked. It was also very poor quality.

Only a few of us had deserts and one was memorable for all the wrong reasons. Ice cream was ordered and the waitress brought over a tub straight out the freezer and plonked it (no attempt to serve it) in front of my mother. It was OK ice cream but to charge over £5 to literally throw a small £1 tub of pre-packaged food in front of people is not restaurant service.

Room Tip: Probably the best room are at other hotels
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear PaulSansom2014,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read of the experience that you had whilst dining in our hotel. Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of service or quality of food and I will ensure your feedback is shared with our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Management team and ensure immediate improvements are made and retraining is provided to our team. I shall also ensure that your feedback regarding the pie is shared with our supplier and procurement team and that improvements and changes are made where necessary.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

My wife and I had tickets to watch Jools Holland at the Maidstone BBC studios, a somewhat fraught 15 minute walk from this hotel, which is everything that you might expect from Hilton. Plenty of parking, friendly and efficient reception staff, impressive building and interior. Our double room was very spacious, well equipped, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had an excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was as good as it gets and the price was very reasonable. Problems? The WiFi was very slow and the coffee machine was broken. This was compensated for by the fact that the bands appearing on the Jools Holland show were staying at the hotel and we were able to enjoy taking drinks and chatting with them in the hotel’s bar until the early hours following the show’s recording.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin T
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Colin T,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our team members friendly and efficient and our rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. My apologies that there was an issue with our coffee machine. Please be assured that this is not usual of our hotel and this has been fixed as soon as possible.

We will share your feedback regarding the WiFi with our internet provider and technology team and look into having this improved as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing these matter to our attention and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, good bar and breakfast, but room could do with some work. Furniture worn, pictures faded, missing bedside lights also not as clean as I expected. We did talk to the management and they waved some of our charged. Also they charge £2 for parking which was a surprise.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gunnerbob2018
Jessica P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear gunnerbob2018,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us, but was pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly and bar and breakfast to be good. Please be assured that we are constantly updating our hotel and we have recently refurbished our meeting rooms and health club changing rooms as well as installing new gym equipment. We are also in the process of redecorating a number of our bedrooms and I am confident that should you choose to stay with us again, you will see the improvements that we have made. Thank you for bringing this to the attention to our management team at the time. We have had our parking barrier installed 2 years ago and we are charging £2.00 par car per night, sorry that it was not explained to you, but it has been advertised on our website too.

Thank you once again for your feedback and it will be shared with our management team.

Dana Saduka