“First visit”

Ranked #25 of 612 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Come on in and enjoy our fabulous new bar, set in the heart of Milton Keynes' Theatre District. We offer a wide range of bottled and draught beers from all around the world, as well as fantastic, quality wines and really great cocktails. Slug's seasonal menus mean that we serve excellent fresh produce, at its peak, all year round. Our dedicated team also has the experience and knowledge necessary to offer all of our customers a consistently top-notch service.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We booked to eat here before we went to the theatre. Went with my daughter and her children aged 10 & 8. Very good food, great welcoming staff. The children loved the food. We had the meaty platter to share which was very filling and different. I would recommend this restaurant.

SlugMK, Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Hi Carol,

Thank you so much for the review and I’m so glad you, your daughter and her children enjoyed themselves! Hope you enjoyed the show too and maybe see you for a pre theatre meal for the Xmas panto

David and the team

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Slug and Lettuce is probably the best bar in Milton Keynes especially for sport. Watched all the England games here, spot on service, food and drink top notch. Friendly staff too. Would highly recommend

2  Thank DavidM3152

Hi David,

Great name. And thanks for the review! Welcome back anytime especially now the football is back!

David and the team

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and good service ,I recommend to all my friends and family and good cocktails as well ,the staff slug and lettuce mk is very attention for the customers, a big thanks to everyone.

1  Thank Jaime P
536chadd, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Jamie,

Thank You so much for your kind words. Hope to make you some cocktails soon.

Chad

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I've been visiting this venue since before it was the Slug and Lettuce, I even recognize two staff from fifteen years ago or more. This evening myself and four of my friends were evicted for nothing more than a baseball cap. Apparently, at exactly 9pm, people who wear baseball caps become murderous criminals deserving of removal. I refused to take it off out of principal, what if I were wearing a hijab, or a turban? Are they considered automatic criminals at 9pm too? It reminds me of scare stories from the 80's and 90's, the suggestion that someone wearing a Metallica t-shirt is a "Satanist". The same "security officer" (btw, I was a security manager, I used to issue instructions to staff like him, and I would have reprimanded him for this) then took a cigarette from his off-duty colleague, who was also drinking right outside the door.
It's funny how these people are so determined to dictate the "rules" until they're inconvenienced, huh?
I won't be going back there again. My fifteen-year love affair with this veue is definitely over, and I'll be telling everyone I know the same.

Oh, by the way, the toilets were disgusting, there was a massive puddle in the middle of the floor, and the two of the sinks weren't working.

On top of that, they had half of the ground floor cordoned off for a "private party" while no one was there, and apparently this "event' was cancelled or already over for an hour before people started using the space.

SlugMK, Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hi Robbie,

I appreciate you took the time to message us with your complaint. We have been advised by Our licensing officer and the police at our pub watch meetings to make all of ours customers as easily identifiable on cctv as possible should any incidents arise within the venue. Unfortunately this is why we request that all hats and caps are removed in the evenings.

I apologise that you felt singled out or embarrassed, that is really not our intention as our number one priority is customer and staff safety.

Kind regards,

David
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The Slug and Lettuce is located in the Theatre district of Milton Keynes. I have visited recently on three separate occasions. The upstairs of the Pub was opened to watch the Boxing (Anthony Joshua versus Joseph Parker) and there was a small fee to watch. The television screen we were watching on had a defect (vertical green line running through it). After the boxing was over we had the option to join the party / disco downstairs. Towards the end of the night a group of people decided to ruin the party and it came to an abrupt end. The Pub is generally a nice place to meet friends for drinks; have a bite to eat or boogie. There’s an option to hire the first floor of the Pub for private functions. The Manager Chad is very approachable and attentive.

Hi Crystal,

I am really sorry about that small % of customers who couldn't behave on that night.

Kind Regards