“Crap visit”

Ranked #38 of 108 Quick Bites in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A HOME AWAY FROM HOME Visit The Ship Ashore in Milton Keynes for authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub warmed by a cosy fire. Our pub-food menu features classic meals made with award-winning ingredients. Included are seasonal specials and buffet food for all occasions, and great value set menus too. You'll also find a hand-picked range of perfectly conditioned cask ales on tap, and a selection of fine wines from around the world. A true local in Milton Keynes, we're a great place to meet up with friends and swap stories. Take part in our twice weekly quiz, Sunday and Tuesday evenings at 9PM or just come to eat and relax in our stylish pub surroundings.
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Just been in the ship and am a regular I am so fed up with the toilets disgusting the whole place is crap poor from entry to exit the place compared to others is rubbish

Date of visit: September 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Ship Ashore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Relax12410808128, we truly appreciate your honest feedback. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at 01908 694360 to discuss this further.

Write a reviewReviews (303)

Reviewed 7 August 2021

Excellent late lunch, Posh Fish and chips melted in my mouth. Rump steak was actually cooked rare as requested. Eton mess to die for

Date of visit: August 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Ship Ashore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Thank you so much Savanna! I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to the team

Reviewed 17 October 2020

After asking at least 5 times for a drink I gave up the Manager was 3 feet away and obviously to busy talking to actually get a member of staff to work and serve me I never even got a glimpse of the beer I asked for the tables were all covered in dirty glasses quite honestly I can see why its empty the Service is non existent the place needs a good clean and the Staff are dreadful

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020

I have been to this pub many times when shopping in the local supermarket. We have always had good food. Staff have always been outstanding and professional.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 19 September 2020

I understand the wait but could’ve been abit quicker. Waited nearly an hour so we would have expected the food to be so much more than what we expected. Ordered a Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara and it came undercooked, cold and not very seasoned. The bacon was alright but the taste of the burnt was stronger. That’s not how you make a carbonara to be honest. Very unfortunate because the Small Chicken Wings were amazing. Other than that the employees were lovely.

Date of visit: September 2020