“Birthday meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef & Brewer
Reviewed 28 June 2018

On arrival we were immediately taken to a table and asked what we would like to drink. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the ales that were available. The food that we had ordered came within 15 minutes and was delicious, very hot and cooked perfectly.

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer
Wheatsheaf H, Management Team at wheatsheaf hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi June F,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Birthday meal at the Wheatsheaf. It is great that you found the waitress knowledgeable and that the food arrived quickly. I have passed the lovely comments onto the chefs regarding the hot and perfectly cooked food.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Ate here over two nights and there was a good selection on the menu which made it easy to have something different each evening. Very friendly and efficient staff. Food arrived piping hot with not much of a wait from ordering. No problems getting drinks ordered and brought to the table our waitress was very good.

Wheatsheaf H, Management Team at wheatsheaf hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Geoffly087,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Wheatsheaf. It is great to hear, that you found our menu had a good selection, and all food was served piping hot. I have passed your comments on to the very friendly and efficient team.
We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Very nice roast dinner, large portion, well cooked, pleasant staff, clean and tidy. plenty of parking

Hi CruiserWayne,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to the Wheatsheaf. I have passed your comments on to the kitchen regarding your well cooked roast dinner, also to the pleasant front of house team. We hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This was a good time and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We had a sharing board for a starter which was very tasty and the staff were happy to adjust it so we did not have pate. The main courses were quite big and fairly well cooked. Some little things that could be improved, the batter on the onion rings was cooked a bit hard, the skin on my sea bass could have been a bit crisper and a few other little issues. Service was very good.

Hi Ray M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Wheatsheaf. We are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your meals. I have passed all your comments to the kitchen. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

After being recommended this restaurant by friends we thought we would give it a try and were looking forward to it.
I came away dissappointed and although the dinner tasted nice I could have got the same in a harvester or closer to home.
The waiting staff are very polite and helpful but overall we found the waits quite long.
The first lot of drinks arrived minus 1 which then arrived a bit later with an apology; we wernt then asked if we wanted more drinks until our mains came (we had starters) and these didn't arrive until we had finished our dinners.
When our dinner arrived we were asked if we wanted sauces, we did and these never arrived.
We then had to wait a while for an ice cream pudding so I had to ask again for it.
As I say staff are all really pleasant but I wouldn't rush back due to the wait and although no issues with the food it was nice but average which I could get more locally.

Wheatsheaf H, Management Team at wheatsheaf hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Hi workhardplayhard30,
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent trip to the Wheatsheaf. Could you email me at 6259@greeneking.co.uk with more information about your visit, ie time and date, so I can look into this. Once again please accept our apologies and I hope to hear from you soon.