“Amazing service and food”
Review of Spruce Goose

Spruce Goose
Ranked #35 of 254 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater's been on an exciting journey since opening our first site in 1974. Now, with over 140 restaurants across the UK, we're known and loved thanks to our famous grills and friendly service. From our mouth-watering steaks to fresh fish and salads, you'll find plenty of great-value meals on the menu. Plus, with a whole range of tasty and nutritious kids' dishes, we're the perfect choice for family meals. Whatever the occasion, celebrate it with Beefeater.
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

We popped in after going bowling and our waiter Jon was amazing, they where very busy but took the time to make sure we always had what we needed. Very child friendly. Food was amazing, 100% recomend

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1 372)

29 - 33 of 1 372 reviews

Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to eat before going to the cinema and remembered the Spruce Goose. We hadn't booked, but it wasn't a problem and we were taken straight to a table and offered drinks. Feeling hungry we had the prawn cocktail starter, which was nice but would have been better had the tomato and cucumber been cut smaller; it made it awkward to cut up the large chunks of cucumber and tomato and eat from the bowl.

For my main course I had the standard mixed grill, very good choice! A nice and tasty mix of meats with lovely chips. Definitely worth having but make sure you are hungry because of generous portions.

Desserts were rather limited sadly, several items on the dessert menu were not available when we visited. Overall a very good meal.

Reviewed 6 October 2021

Always love coming to the spruce goose, meals always decent, forever get a warm welcome best waiter John forever making you laugh with his charm and Witt

Reviewed 30 September 2021 via mobile

In particular James abs Stefan were brilliant. There were others but I was too slow to get their names. I’m here for a few months but until my company realise how much this is costing them, I’m staying at the premiere inn solely because of the team in the restaurant. I can’t tip you but I can tell everyone how good you are.

The food is great. Being here for as long as I am, I could do with a gym membership. But there are health options I could chose. Just don’t want to.

Food to recommend:
T-Bone Steak
“Our best mixed grill” Mint Lamb in particular”
Cannelloni
Chicken and avocado burger
Chicken and avocado Salad

Deserts are good but the mains are what you come for.

Thank you and see you next week!

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 29 September 2021

Went in last night for a meal. The staff were really friendly and helpful.. The kids love the fact there is quite a choice on a kids meals. The food was amazing. Defo come back again

Date of visit: September 2021