“Fabulous”

Exciting Escapes
Ranked #1 of 17 Fun & Games in Basingstoke
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Exciting Escapes are thrilled to bring the global phenomenon that is Escape Rooms to Basingstoke. Working together in a small group of 2-7 people, your challenge is to solve puzzles and mysteries together while the clock ticks down. Each room has a story that you play a part in, and each presents its own unique challenges for a truly entertaining experience. Will you accept the challenge?
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Staff super friendly, the room was perfect and our party had a great time! Will be going back at some point for a third visit

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Eloise S, Manager at Exciting Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thanks for this lovely review, its awesome to hear you enjoyed your visit and its even better to hear that your already planning your return visit!!!! We cant wait to have you back and see how you get on with your next challenge!

All reviews
"escape game"
"brain power"
"cold war"
in 4 reviews
"staff were super friendly"
"work colleagues"
"attention to detail"
in 9 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Lots of lateral thinking required, but so well designed! Had loads of fun despite the brain ache of figuring out the puzzles. Definitely take your thinking cap with you!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for the review, its lovely to hear you enjoyed your mission and thought the room was well designed! Apologies for the brain ache but we do like to put you through your paces!!! We would love to have you back to take on another of our missions soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We visited as a few couples, and we had the best time! Very funny to see everyone characters. Would 100% recommend it, we will Defo be going back to do more rooms!! The staff were also very nice! Enjoyable experience!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for reviewing your escape with us, its great to hear you all enjoyed the challenge and thank you also for the comment about the staff, i am sure they will be very pleased to get a mention! We look forward to welcoming you back for another mission with us soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I booked the rooms for my girlfriends birthday but had a daft idea, could I place some family and friends inside the rooms before her group started, so when her group got beyond the Initial room...’surprise’, so I asked Exciting escapes if this was possible.
Although this had never been done before they went out of their way to make it possible recommending which room would be big enough etc etc.
It worked a treat, so I’d like to thank David and Peter and in particular Eloise and the Basingstoke team for making this possible and giving us a memorable 60 minutes for all involved.
I would recommend that if this is repeated, those hidden inside need to be briefed on the beginning part that they missed as it would help with solving the scenario when they eventually get involved, still brill though!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks very much for the review and for the surprise idea, we were all so excited about it! It was definitely a first for us but we are so glad it went down well! We will certainly take on board your feedback about briefing the hidden players!
It was a pleasure to see you again, and hopefully we will see you for another mission soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I thought this was going to be a bit 'crystal maze' with big elaborate puzzles - no, much better!

We were greeted by our 'handler' on arrival and shown into a briefing room, watched a quick video to get the basics and then shown to our 1970s room. We were all first timers.

I won't spoil it for anyone, so I'll keep it general; there were actually 3 rooms to navigate to complete our mission. The 4 of us quickly set about finding our own focus clues, then sharing as pairs, then finally coming together as a group as each puzzled we solved, led us onto the next clue.

Each person bought their own skills and whilst I wanted to see how everyone solved their own puzzles, I was concentrating on my own as of course, you only have 1 hour to complete your mission.

I was surprised as the intricacy of some of the puzzles. There were some we found really hard and I'm glad we worked as a team and shared such a great experience.

During the debrief our 'handler' walked us through each puzzle, explaining that they were watching us through cameras to be on hand incase they needed to feed us another clue to keep us roughly on track, but also to make sure we experienced the fine line between frustration and satisfaction!

Overall it was really enjoyable, much more elaborate than I'd expected and I'd really like to try another room. We got out with 4:35mins to spare (v pleased with that) and a fantastic memory.

Thanks Exciting Escapes!

1  Thank Chloe L
Eloise S, Manager at Exciting Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you ever so much for this brilliant, extremely insightful review! I am sure other TripAdvisor users will find this very useful!
We are thrilled that you and your team enjoyed your mission and thought there was something for everyone to get stuck in with, our aim is always to put you through your paces!
Well done on your successful mission, getting out with over 4 minutes on the clock is great going! I look forward to seeing more of the same on your next mission!